Heated Seat Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptordoke

Reaction score
IMG_1805.jpeg

Just seeing if anyone has had this issue. My heated seats work fine. The three red lights will cycle thru fine. My issue is the backlight for the heated seat button is out and it is just for the driver side button. I don’t know if there is a led bulb in the dash or if it could be a fuse. I see there are threads about the lights staying on or the heated seats not working but not one about the backlight. Any help would be great!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s most definitely a led backlight on a circuit board. Not easily serviceable unless you’re into electronic repair. Probably can find the replacement circuit board if you’re a bit mechanically handy.

OP
OP
raptordoke

raptordoke

Reaction score
It’s most definitely a led backlight on a circuit board. Not easily serviceable unless you’re into electronic repair. Probably can find the replacement circuit board if you’re a bit mechanically handy.
Dang … I thought it may have been … I have the tools (can build PCs) but dunno if I want to tear into it … I may take it apart to see if there is something obvious … I purchased an extended warranty when I bought it … it supposedly covered everything except wear/tear items … I may see if it can be replaced under warranty which would basically be them probably just replacing the entire piece lol

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah if you’re handy with electronics, a fine tip soldering iron to reflow each pad on the LED is probably all it needs.

OP
OP
raptordoke

raptordoke

Reaction score
so I pulled apart my dash to get at the circuit board .. I was in a rush and didn’t take a picture but I found one online that is close … I circled the spot in red that was not looking too good lol it look like it goes to both the heated seat led lights which didn’t look bad … all of the gold colored contacts looked good except the one I circled … it was no longer gold but looked a little crispy … I wasn’t sure if I could reflow that spot with some new solder or if the gold contact was something special? Anyone have any insight here … I am thinking if I resolder the area it will reconnect the break in the line
IMG_1959.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gold contact is probably your button pad. Clean it with alcohol. The black carbon dots on the rubber membrane complete the circuit for a button press. I don’t think it will fix the light. Can you get a better, focused pic of the circuit board? I can’t really tell what I’m looking at.

My guess is the reason they appear connected is that they share the same 5v or 3.3v rail for power. Try to take a good pic of the area around the light that doesn’t work and maybe the other side of the board at the same spot.

OP
OP
raptordoke

raptordoke

Reaction score
The gold contact is probably your button pad. Clean it with alcohol. The black carbon dots on the rubber membrane complete the circuit for a button press. I don’t think it will fix the light. Can you get a better, focused pic of the circuit board? I can’t really tell what I’m looking at.

My guess is the reason they appear connected is that they share the same 5v or 3.3v rail for power. Try to take a good pic of the area around the light that doesn’t work and maybe the other side of the board at the same spot.
I will try to take it apart again I cleaned around the leds with alcohol and the gold pad … it really isn’t too bad to get to … just t-15 screws holding a cover and t-15 screws holding the board on … but I didn’t really look to deep at the other side of the board … there was a little residue around the led lights but they didn’t have any signs of being burnt out … I was hoping cleaning them would solve it … I am thinking this will be something I can fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter