Electrical issues - Repair shop near Atlanta?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlow

Reaction score
I'm having some major issues with my 2018. Windows won't roll down, locks won't work, airbag light stays on. I tried inspecting things, but this issue is well beyond my capabilities. I suspect there's an interior harness issue and maybe a body control module problem. I'll need a competent shop to help me track down the issue. Anyone have recommendations for a place near the Atlanta area?

OP
OP
D

dlow

Reaction score
Windows and locks don't work from all switches and the key fob or just drivers door controls?

FWIW, this is a 2018 base model raptor. Here's a full list of the issues I'm aware of:
  • Driver's side controls can only roll down/up the rear windows (mirrors, locks, front window controls, etc do not work)
  • The key FOB does nothing. No remote start, no unlock/lock, etc
  • Heat/AC controls do not work
  • Passenger side can roll window up/down only after pressing lock/unlock on their side
  • Rear window controls work fine
  • Airbag light stays on, passenger airbag appears disabled
I suspect the driver's side door harness may be the source of the problem. The issue was intermittent for a while and jiggling the harness would cause it to go away for some time. Also, I'm not sure where the body control module is located, but my kids dumped TWO entire chick-fil-a drinks into the center console because they put little toys in the cup holders and sat drinks down in it. Once was the passenger side front cup holder and the other time was the passenger side rear.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like door harness is a good place to start. BCM is in right front kick panel (it is the fuse box)

OP
OP
D

dlow

Reaction score
Sounds like door harness is a good place to start. BCM is in right front kick panel (it is the fuse box)
Do you by chance know how do you triage/debug a potential door harness issue given it's all CANBUS now? Do I need a special tool or cable/software to plug into a laptop? I'm an engineer and could easily do this myself if I knew how to troubleshoot the bus.