Grinding -> Dealer -> $1600. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck is grinding and clunking. Took it in and this is the email I got back. Still trying to get in touch with the service guy... but here are my questions (I have the RPG Bolt On MT kit, FYI):

1- Is there an aftermarket Hub Bearing that I can source locally (Moog, Timkin, ect) to get this done or should I wait until they get them back in stock?
2- Do these prices seem reasonable?
3- I have RVC axles... so won't be replacing these. I can't see these messing up the wheel bearing or IFE, or how they could be "Noisy"

got you truck in this am.
We are identifying noise from the front bearing, axel shafts and actuators as well as from the rear end.
We can cover the rear under warranty but with all the after market stuff on the suspension the front wont be covered.
If you’d like to bring the parts that’s fine, would just be labor for the replacement & we don’t know where to get the axel shafts anyway as they are not factory componenets.
$620 LABOR
$334 Actuators

$652 Hub Bearing (theses are on Back order

$1606 + tax
again we will need the axel shafts & if youd like to get the bearings as well , after market/upgrade from factory.

D

Deleted member 12951

Is the part for the hub bearing CL3Z-1104-L?

If so, yes national backorder and there is no ETA, you are going to wait a long time. It's a new revision of the same part but Ford doesn't have any parts in the system. If you want Ford, ask them to locate CL3Z-1104-H, the previous revision and they should be able to find stock. According to Tascaparts.com, that hub is $227.26 and retails for $326.52, so are they replacing both sides? When I was pricing it from Oreilly's, it was more for the brand they can get.

The IWE's (or actuators) retail for $166 each but you can get the Dorman's 600-105 for $72 from Amazon.

OP
OP
RaptorSpartan

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think they found a hub from precision for the same price. I might go with that since the truck is already there...

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Precision is jut Napa's white-labeled brand of Moog parts.

And not sure if Spicer makes an option for Raptor hubs, but they have always been a good option when available. Of course I have heard most of the their applications are made in ROC now, as well as Moog.
Last time I picked up Moog parts from Napa, I bought several sets of tie rods ends, ball joints, etc and none of the sets matched so I had to searched many Napa stores for specific version/build dates of parts to find exact matching sets. You can "see" the difference in the newer stuff made outside USA. Not sure if quality standards are still met in them?!?

D

Deleted member 12951

Pretty sure Precision is jut Napa's white-labeled brand of Moog parts.

And not sure if Spicer makes an option for Raptor hubs, but they have always been a good option when available. Of course I have heard most of the their applications are made in ROC now, as well as Moog.
Last time I picked up Moog parts from Napa, I bought several sets of tie rods ends, ball joints, etc and none of the sets matched so I had to searched many Napa stores for specific version/build dates of parts to find exact matching sets. You can "see" the difference in the newer stuff made outside USA. Not sure if quality standards are still met in them?!?

Interesting, I show the wheel hub that:
Oreillys sells Precision
Napa sells Napa Bearings
Autozone sells Duralast and Moog
Rockauto sells multiple brands, including Motorcraft.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I show the wheel hub that:
Oreillys sells Precision
Napa sells Napa Bearings
Autozone sells Duralast and Moog
Rockauto sells multiple brands, including Motorcraft.

I could be wrong on the Precision/Moog/Napa deal, but I definitely know Napa sells Moog because that's where I buy them. And Napa almost always has their own white-labeled parts, which they usually opt for the better manufacturers. I know Wix makes their filters and Raybestos makes their rotors.