Market Value thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't sell a 2012 with 65K miles either. It’s near or at the bottom of the curve and it’s still got plenty of life left in it. If raptor goes electric…you bet your ass it’ll go up.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Market for Gen 1s look like they are slipping unless I'm overthinking??? Autotrader not really looking good as far as dealer pricing. I always thought they would be strong for years to decades.
I'm toying with the idea of possibly unloading. My truck used to be street queen (never taken off-road), now a garage queen. I've used it twice in the last 6 months.
2014 Special Edition supercrew Roush :) 57k on the clock.

Just curious on member thoughts on value. Really curious to know from similar spec owners with recent sales, not the low ballers that drive a tacoma (no offense, great little truck)

Buyers are out there, though like we all know its shrunk.... I was in the market for a 14 Roush back in December for 40k... I'd of been a buyer, but my idea of excellent condition was different then the seller and I just went ahead and put the $$ on a 23 purchase... I'd of had no issue buying yours based on what you mentioned.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 will be difficult. Banks won’t loan that much and buyers who want gen1 won’t have the cash (probably). Dealers are giving me 6-8k less trade in right now than before the new year. 88k on a ruby SE Roush.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
for reference, several months ago two diff dealers said my 2018 w 119k miles, 802a, was only worth ~$25k on trade. Everything is down, interest is up, inflation is up massively. Economy is a train wreck waiting for a sharp turn.
That’s not a legit trade offer, that’s a “go f*ck yourself, we don’t want to be bothered with you” response. It’s literally 15-20k under private sale value. A dealer wanting to move inventory would pay much closer to private sale value but under by about 8-10k.

Not saying you’re wrong about market conditions but it’s not THAT bad. The stealership in question is that bad, but the market isn’t.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
That’s not a legit trade offer, that’s a “go f*ck yourself, we don’t want to be bothered with you” response. It’s literally 15-20k under private sale value. A dealer wanting to move inventory would pay much closer to private sale value but under by about 8-10k.

Not saying you’re wrong about market conditions but it’s not THAT bad. The stealership in question is that bad, but the market isn’t.
I mean its a Gen 2 so it cant be that far off
200.gif

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

I don’t know It could have been rough and needed a lot of stuff. They don’t want it and it would go straight to auction. High mileage kills it. Maybe could have gotten $8000 more private party. Sorry but gen 1 will be around $20,000 with average mileage by the end of the year when 24’s are discounted. Not manny people are buying a gen 1 cash and financing one in this current economic environment would put you in new car territory. Keep that truck and enjoy it. You can’t come close to replacing it for that money. You would be trading it for used Tacoma money.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I don’t know It could have been rough and needed a lot of stuff. They don’t want it and it would go straight to auction. High mileage kills it. Maybe could have gotten $8000 more private party. Sorry but gen 1 will be around $20,000 with average mileage by the end of the year when 24’s are discounted. Not manny people are buying a gen 1 cash and financing one in this current economic environment would put you in new car territory. Keep that truck and enjoy it. You can’t come close to replacing it for that money. You would be trading it for used Tacoma money.
The people that will buy gen1's in the future are the same ones that pay 50K for a K5 Blazer/Landcruiser/Defender/etc.