Market Value thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somebody shopping specifically for a Gen 1 is probably an all-cash or mostly-cash buyer in 1 of 2 categories: the guy who has Dreamed of owning one for years, and the impulse buyer, who just wants it Now.

Try and discern which one it is asap, and then proceed accordingly.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Somebody shopping specifically for a Gen 1 is probably an all-cash or mostly-cash buyer in 1 of 2 categories: the guy who has Dreamed of owning one for years, and the impulse buyer, who just wants it Now.

Try and discern which one it is asap, and then proceed accordingly.
This.

I bought a Gen1 cause i paid cash and I've always wanted one.

I could have bought a restored-ish K5 blazer (which I've had and i should have never sold) but they are worth 10k max in my eyes since they are slow dinosaurs that ride like a brick wagon.

Im off my K5 soapbox now.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The people that will buy gen1's in the future are the same ones that pay 50K for a K5 Blazer/Landcruiser/Defender/etc.
So your saying it going to be a Very, very, very, small group then? Or have to wait until it is 30yrs old.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW, I was category 2: absolute impulsive purchase. I saw a Gen 2 at Home Depot and instantly became a Raptor fanboy. Couple days later, with a pile of cash from selling my last truck, I saw a Gen 1 on eBay. I begged the neighbor to get up at 4am (the day after Christmas), and we drove 5hrs to check it out, and I bought it on the spot. Never looked at or test-drove another.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A medium group of rich old dudes/rich hipsters.

Heres an absurd example, you couldnt GIVE these things away a few years ago

Yeah, those Bronco 2's are the Ford Pinto of the truck world. Unless you live on a small island, there's no good reason to own one.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There IS a way to make the Bronco 2 into "not a sh itbox" status. Solo Motorsports spent a lot of time & money creating an extremely reliable, practical, and unstoppable Baja race prerunner. They named it "The Duece":

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
i just bought a 2014 with 85k on the clock monday for 36k from the dealership and got a good finance rate. this is probalby the high end and i know i didn's steal it lol, but it has some things done to it and it is really clean. North Houston TX area.
Post up an intro!