engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
resolved

It turns out that the #27 fuse for the fuel pump melted...!
The dealer rewired a normal size 20Amp fuse and no issues so far..
The stock mini fuse looked like someone torched it.

Why it happened no one knows...!

I feel unsafe ....my explanation is cheap electrical wiring on fords part.

IMAG0759_zpsq3o5vvzf.jpg

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello Crystal

I had the same thing happen to me two times. I was driving and the engine shut off and power steering gave out I had to put it into park to start up then it was fine but this is a hazard and I took it into my local Ford Dealer (Villa Ford Orange CA on Tustin ave) both times this happened and they swear nothing was wrong on both occasions please advise. Also my truck is fully serviced before every service date and fresh oil this happened. Only 8000 miles. My service rep at Ford is Sebastian if you can call and help me fix this issue because it is a huge hazard to throw my truck in park on a busy highway with cars going 70mph! Thank you.

Hi jaschandel,

I don't have the ability to contact dealerships directly, but I can get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager (CSM). CSMs are the folks who work directly with dealers on customer concerns. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll have your CSM give you a call to discuss this further.

Crystal

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did it first time today, making a left turn off of a busy road, engine died and needless to say power steering stopped working, so almost went in a ditch. Oil pressure warning went off with some warning bells. Put it in neutral, and it fired right up. I will check out the fuse and some of the other suggestions tomorrow.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have added that low oil pressure will not shut down the motor. I had a belt shred and take out the oil pressure sensor wire and motor kept running, no problems.

But back on my issue it has not done it again, but now worried a little. I did check out fuses and nothing blown or burnt.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note the low pressure warning is not the cause of the shutdown. If the engine stalls it will throw a low pressure warning because well no engine running means no oil pressure. It is just a red herring and can be ignored. The issue is why did the engine stall.

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced a similar situation. My truck has been running well but I knew I needed a oil change and sure enough in the walmart parking lot ($26 for 5 qts mobile 1 +2) today I went to start it and after the initial rev it dropped below 600 rpms and tried to recover and died with a low oil pressure warning shortly after. I checked the oil level immediately and it was low. Changed the oil and she started up and ran like normal.

I am positive that I did not put enough oil in during the last oil change which resulted in this issue. She was not burning oil. Just an FYI people..

jaschandel

Reaction score
Mine did it first time today, making a left turn off of a busy road, engine died and needless to say power steering stopped working, so almost went in a ditch. Oil pressure warning went off with some warning bells. Put it in neutral, and it fired right up. I will check out the fuse and some of the other suggestions tomorrow.

Did you figure out the cause of the issue?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It turns out that the #27 fuse for the fuel pump melted...!
The dealer rewired a normal size 20Amp fuse and no issues so far..
The stock mini fuse looked like someone torched it.

Why it happened no one knows...!

I feel unsafe ....my explanation is cheap electrical wiring on fords part.

IMAG0759_zpsq3o5vvzf.jpg
Just me thinking...
the contact area on this new mini fuses can be very limited with all the manufacturing tolerances; the contact area could be less then the fuse wire, in that case the contact area would heat up but the fuse would not blow.
Possibly: up to 15amp's no problem, but over that (tolerances/alignments) could be a problem...!...?
Just me thinking...