GEN 2 turbos and oil catch cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never had an issue. You might have had a bad experience, but most dealers know the law.

Now you can argue that argument.......

I don't want to argue that one. I want to go back to this one.
A catch can is like a new air filter. They can't deny a warranty claim for it.
*********. Using a different brand of air filter instead of a Motorcraft filter is not like adding some gizmo that the truck didn't come with that requires drilling the air box and rerouting hoses.
That's just silly :supergay:

FWIW, I never said a catch can will void your warranty. I said it could if your dealer isn't mod friendly.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to argue that one. I want to go back to this one.

*********. Using a different brand of air filter instead of a Motorcraft filter is not like adding some gizmo that the truck didn't come with that requires drilling the air box and rerouting hoses.
That's just silly :supergay:

FWIW, I never said a catch can will void your warranty. I said it could if your dealer isn't mod friendly.

My catch can didn't require drilling holes. Maybe that is something that the Jen2 will require. I don't know. Mine didn't even require rerouting hoses - just added longer ones with a catch catch in the middle of them. That's all it really is. Just a catch can between stock locations that would normally drain the oils back into the system. Maybe the new ones do something different.

Anyway, IT WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. That is against the law. Take the time to read the above instead of being in such a big hurry to discount everyone. You might accidentally learn something.

Ok, ball is your court. I'm sure you will discount everything that I have said showing off your vast knowledge of vehicle warranties and intake systems. Regardless, I will be done with this thread. I have stated only facts based on personal experiences. It's your turn to sway the newcomers that may not know any better.....

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My catch can didn't require drilling holes. Maybe that is something that the Jen2 will require. I don't know. Mine didn't even require rerouting hoses - just added longer ones with a catch catch in the middle of them. That's all it really is. Just a catch can between stock locations that would normally drain the oils back into the system. Maybe the new ones do something different.

With the RX kit you drill a hole in the air box. I'm not familiar with the kit you have I just figured it was similar to the RX. RX seems to be the most popular kit over on the F150 forum whether it's the best or not that's what the vendors push?

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the RX kit you drill a hole in the air box. I'm not familiar with the kit you have I just figured it was similar to the RX. RX seems to be the most popular kit over on the F150 forum whether it's the best or not that's what the vendors push?

So, for two pages you have been an authority on something you know ******* nothing about.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, for two pages you have been an authority on something you know ******* nothing about.

I don't know about his catch can, the one that isn't designed for the ecoboost. I know a little about other catch cans. So what have you added besides being a ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter