Catch-can bone dry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw… I notice different driving conditions make a difference in accumulation.

City driving gives me minimal results; about 1/4 capacity in a JLT can at approximately 5k miles between oil changes. Highway driving gets me about 1/2 capacity.

Recent local trailer towing on the highway with a previous long highway trip (Huntsville to Phoenix) gave me full capacity.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this before in other forums, threads, etc. Heck, probably this one…

My previous catch can was working great when first installed (Full Race). When I installed the Full Race intercooler and TurboSmart bov my catch didn’t catch anything, except a break. I checked it off & on for approximately 6-8mos, and never got anything to drain out.

My guess is that the addition of the bov affected the vacuum somehow. This obviously caused the oil not to build up in the can. The can was connected to both the PCV (PCV orifice removed per instructions) and CCV sides. Also, a close look around the bov and the area it’s in shows some of that nastiness is released when it opens.

The JLT can I’m running now is only connected to the PCV (PCV orifice still installed) side of the motor, and it catches crap all the time.

Also mentioned in an earlier post decided to go with the UPR system. It interfaces directly with the charge tube for maximum vacuum. Will see how this one fares.

All this talk about catch cans doing nothing is crazy. It’s my belief they have a purpose. Guess I seem crazy to those that think they don’t. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, right?