Catch-can bone dry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had a Radium catch can on my 19 Raptor for six+ months now. It’s been tuned for the last two months. Just pulled the bottom of the cab off tonight because nothing by some residue was on the drip stick. The van was bone dry. So I pulled the lines off. They have oil residue like normal in the lines. The system is routed correctly per Radiums instructions. I’ve double and triple checked it. I’m puzzled by lack of any oil present in the bottom of the can. Is this something I should be worried about?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the dual can setup that the no longer sell because of the PCV codes they can throw. I’ve found very little collects in them.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, my lightning collects a fair bit every 2500miles
I just threw one on my gen 2 a week ago and it has some oily residue on tbe bottom already.

Johan

Reaction score
I have the JLT setup on it is a quarter full with every oil change, i think the oil collected all depends on your motor, some are tighter than others, given that it is hooked up properly that is.

OP
OP
Raptor812

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hooked up correctly. Trust me I double and triple checked. I’ve had catch cans on several vehicles in the past. They all collected far more oil in an equal amount of time. That’s why I’m concerned.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The crankcase vent systems on new vehicles is so much better than what you are used to on the 90s and 00s vehicles. I'd take it off and sell it on Ebay.