Galvanized Frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorxb21

Reaction score
Ford has come up with an all aluminum body, why not give an option of a galvanized frame? I'm sure lots of guys in the wintery states will pay for this upgrade. It will sell like hot cakes.

nowata

Reaction score
It's been offered on fire trucks for a few years now

Somewhat popular

Around $4k on a heavy truck frame

Yes that would be a great feature

That and a stainless steel body

Too bad about that whole planned obsolescence prerogative

Look at the 20 yr old a8's out there

If they still run, the bodies look pretty
Good

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In what the factory considers the useable life of the vehicle the frame usually only develops surface rust. Its some of the other smaller components that have issues over time.

As soon as you said stainless body I thought of the DeLorean..,haha

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2000 F150 had rust on the rockers, cab supports, brake lines rotted out- but the frame was fine. It had the thick black waxy stuff on there to protect it. A rusted out frame is not really an issue that I've seen on Fords.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, Toyota frames, that's another story. They just lost in court concerning the 07/08 Tundra's and a few other models. 3.4 billion dollar settlement. Rotted frames.

OP
OP
R

Raptorxb21

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a few buddy and friends get new frames from toyota. Ford has done a pretty good job with their frames. My current fx4 screw is still solid. Body showing rust but frame is in great shape. Just for piece of mind.