Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just reading some of the other tabs in the spreadsheet. On IPC-new there are settings at 720-01-01 that are required for Auto Relock. Namely xxxx **** xxxx where * has to be a 4-7 or a C-F. I did not test if that made a difference (or if my As Built already had one of those values) when the changes at 726-15-02 were also implemented.

That new IPC-new spreadsheet is based off of an Explorer and the auto re-lock you see there is for adding that to the menu settings but doesn't work on F150s. This alone wouldn't be required for it to work anyways because when you check/un-check boxes in the IPC menus it actually changes values in the respective module that controls what you're checking/un-checking. So by having it hard-coded as enabled in BCM should be enough regardless of whether you see the menu option in IPC. An example of this would be global windows; Explorers can control it via IPC menu item but F150s can't but we can still enable it by having the right values in BCM/DDM/PDM.

So if the BCM change for auto re-lock doesn't work in the '18s like the '17s then there's nothing else to try at this point.

Last edited:

Desmobullet69

Reaction score
Anyone in the Southeast VA area have the FORScan equipment that could give me a rundown? I have apple everything and really don't want to have to buy a windows CPU/tablet to make a few permanent changes. Thanks in advance!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone in the Southeast VA area have the FORScan equipment that could give me a rundown? I have apple everything and really don't want to have to buy a windows CPU/tablet to make a few permanent changes. Thanks in advance!

based on your user name, you’re probably familiar with Ducatis; bikes; Dynojet power commander, and tuners for Ducati. They’re also windoze only. :-(

I bought the cheap windoze tablet recommended in the tutorial and it has reminded me just how much I detest windoze. I have to work on it every day at the office, so when I’m done with work, I want to be done with windoze. alas, I just got tired of fighting.

Good luck!

Desmobullet69

Reaction score
based on your user name, you’re probably familiar with Ducatis; bikes; Dynojet power commander, and tuners for Ducati. They’re also windoze only. :-(

I bought the cheap windoze tablet recommended in the tutorial and it has reminded me just how much I detest windoze. I have to work on it every day at the office, so when I’m done with work, I want to be done with windoze. alas, I just got tired of fighting.

Good luck!

Sure am familiar with Ducs! I too have to work on windows while at work. Not a fan either obviously!

Chase913

Reaction score
Anyone in NOVA with forscan that would be willing to help me get rid of the double honk when you get out of the truck with the truck running and fob in your pocket? It’s driving me crazy. I don’t want to shell out the money just to change this one “feature” and I will of course compensate for your time.

Thanks.

Chase913

Reaction score
Anyone in NOVA with forscan that would be willing to help me get rid of the double honk when you get out of the truck with the truck running and fob in your pocket? It’s driving me crazy. I don’t want to shell out the money just to change this one “feature” and I will of course compensate for your time.

Thanks.

Please disregard, I was under the impression that the cable was a few hundred. I should have read a bit more closely!

BUPilot37

Reaction score

I'm in Portsmouth, VA. I'm new to FORScan, but I've got the equipment. I did the more popular mods on my '17 like Lincoln mirrors, killed auto start/stop, removed fake engine noise, killed double honk, etc. Piece of cake. The longest part of it was doing the backup of the stock As-Built files.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

if you need help, I'm in NOVA and did a bunch of things to my 18 and it works great. I have a windows tablet and the obd thing

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

thanks for the beer! forgot to mention, the disabling of the fake engine noise and turning off the auto start/stop. if you want to change it just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter