any Cali or surrounding states selling for MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc_trojan

Reaction score
anyone know of ANY california dealer that is selling for MSRP? If not, how about surrounding states- Nevada, az? I am willing to take a quick southwest flight and drive the truck home if necessary.

My story is this. I have been reading this forum for about 1 year once I heard about the gen2. I went to local los angeles ford dealer and put a refundable deposit down. I ordered the car and waited. Then waited some more. When the car finally came in, the sales guy I was working with no longer worked there. I was told since I ordered the car early enough, I would only have to pay $10k markup!!! Even though I was told by sales guy for MSRP.

Long story short, I got my deposit back and am looking for a new truck. Want AG in color. I have the patience to wait and order a 2018, but only at MSRP. anyone have any reputable contacts you can send me?

I am located in the LA area. Thanks in advance!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Theres a few discussions on this and some related topics floating around.

To be honest with you it is highly unlikely you will find any dealer in CA for MSRP. It has happened though. Surrounding states are marking up as well but you have a better chance. My best advice is to start contacting dealers and hopefully youll find one.

Once and a while youll see an MSRP deal pop up around here, you may need to travel a little farther though.

Just for reference, I was mislead early on (wasted a few months) and was lucky enough to find another MSRP deal. I probably contacted well over 200 dealers in the process.
(my dealer isnt taking new orders currently)

Read up on some of the stickies on here. Youll learn alot, and get everything in writing.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California prices are so generally so high you'd be better off finding one ANYWHERE in the country and shipping it (if pickup isn't of interest to you). Hop on www.raptorfinder.com and find one you like and make a deal anywhere. CA is the absolute worst when it comes to overpriced cars.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California prices are so generally so high you'd be better off finding one ANYWHERE in the country and shipping it (if pickup isn't of interest to you). Hop on www.raptorfinder.com and find one you like and make a deal anywhere. CA is the absolute worst when it comes to overpriced cars.

yup - local dealer wanted $30K over MSRP

I could have bought my wife a 2nd Focus ST with mods for that LOL :ROFLJest:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AG at MSRP

anyone know of ANY california dealer that is selling for MSRP? If not, how about surrounding states- Nevada, az? I am willing to take a quick southwest flight and drive the truck home if necessary.

My story is this. I have been reading this forum for about 1 year once I heard about the gen2. I went to local los angeles ford dealer and put a refundable deposit down. I ordered the car and waited. Then waited some more. When the car finally came in, the sales guy I was working with no longer worked there. I was told since I ordered the car early enough, I would only have to pay $10k markup!!! Even though I was told by sales guy for MSRP.

Long story short, I got my deposit back and am looking for a new truck. Want AG in color. I have the patience to wait and order a 2018, but only at MSRP. anyone have any reputable contacts you can send me?

I am located in the LA area. Thanks in advance!

Darn near on the opposite coast, but Donley Ford in Ashland OH has an AG Screw for MSRP. Buy it and have it shipped in.