Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

2017 Raptor Transmission Slip & Overheat

This is a discussion on 2017 Raptor Transmission Slip & Overheat within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by mad man Who’s having transmission problems, I AM!!, trucks in the shop 17,000 miles on it , ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by mad man View Post
Who’s having transmission problems, I AM!!, trucks in the shop 17,000 miles on it , it severally over heated 265 degrees! Then started to slip in and out of gears. Had it picked up and taken in. 3 days later they called and are replacing torque converter, 10 days for parts to arrive. They gave me a f150 4x4 to drive thru enterprise rentals. PS It just came out of the shop 2 weeks earlier for oil pan and front cover leak , roll pin, seat belt fix , that took 2 weeks also . Feel free to chim in!! I feel like we’re all test dummies ..
Keep all your paper work from the dealer. I just had a friend brought up the same issue his was a 3000 miles. I don't know your state laws but if you're in Cali, if you take it in 3 times whether work is done or not for the same issue you have a lemon law case.
smurfslayer. likes this.

KyekyeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

they replaced the torque converter, and transmission fluid pump , flushed the whole system out, checked all tolerances, good to go. It took 3 weeks. So far so good.
smurfslayer. likes this.
mad man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
They did that twice for mine, im helping out a guy in Northern California with the same issue at 4k miles. They just replaced the exact same parts. Took them a month to repair his. Keep those service orders.
smurfslayer. likes this.
KyekyeG is offline   Reply With Quote