U-POL Raptor Liner (Wheel wells)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swp73

Reaction score
Just completed spraying my wheel wells with U-POL Raptor Liner and I wanted to do a little write up. Little back ground, a friend of mine at work used it to cover the top for his blazer and after a few months he is still really happy with it and hasnt had any problems. So I decided to go ahead and do my wheel wells because I got tired of the white. As it goes for any painting project prep is everything.

Started by removing the tires, fender flares and removing the fender support brackets. Once that was complete I taped everything off with plastic trash bags and covered up all the vital parts. I hit it with a light sand just to knock it down a bit. Followed up with a little coat of primer. I let everything dry for about 20 min then shot it with the Raptor Liner.

Raptor liner is a two part mix that you mix together and can be tinted to any color of your liking. You purchase the spray gun and hook it to your air compressor and set the pressure between 40-70psi. Lower the pressure the rougher the texture. I set it to 60 psi when I did mine. The product sprays in a tight circle with very little over spray. There is a vent at the top of the gun that if you spray a difficult angle the product will come out so use caution. as you can see in the pictures below it came out really good and harden up in about 1hr.

Hit me up if you have any questions. I am going to post follow up pictures in a month or so, so you can see how it is holding up

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
S

swp73

Reaction score
Oh yeah one more thing. One bottle of raptor liner cost 24 dollars. I borrowed the gun so I didnt have to pay for that.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been considering doing mine with some kind of bed liner. Where can you get this stuff and how much is the gun?

OP
OP
S

swp73

Reaction score
Very nice! I've been considering doing mine with some kind of bed liner. Where can you get this stuff and how much is the gun?
Its sold in a kit. I just used my buddies left overs to do my wheel wells. You can get it at most auto body paint shops. I did a simple ebay search and they had complete kits with 4 bottles gun included for 120 dollars. That is what is required to do a whole bed liner

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks a lot better than the other options available in auto stores. Curious to see how it holds up.