has anyone else noticed their BAKflip tonneau covers fading??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, contacted Bak Industries directly. All I had to do was take pictures of the fading and the receipt. I also registered it on their site it I'm not sure that was needed. Then, once they verified it was still under warranty (with the receipt) and the fading was covers (based on the pictures) they had me either drill a bunch of holes or paint both sides and send pictures. They put the order in the same day the pictures of the "destroyed" cover were received. Now I just have to wait 5-7 days to receive the new cover. They told me to keep the rails and reuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here. all I did was spraypaint a line on each panel and they accepted that as "destroyed". my new cover shipped yesterday and should be here next week. Like you, I was told to keep my rails to reuse. Mine was out of warranty by about 3 months but in reality they knew that didn't just happen overnight. I'm very happy with how they resolved the issue... although the fact that this is an issue is a bit concerning too. I have at least 3 other friends with other brands of covers on their trucks and none of them have had this happen... and they're all as old as mine or older.

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new cover showed up yesterday... couldn't be happier. from what I was told I assumed I'd be receiving a replacement cover and that's it as I was told to save the rails that I had. I didn't expect to receive everything except for the rails (all new hardware, clamps, weather stripping, etc).

I have to say, BAK has made some changes to the Fibermax cover over the past two years and they've improved everything. Now, instead of rings to attach a tie down to when you fold the cover up, they actually put a built in clip on the underside to attach to the front of the cover when it's folded (much smarter) and it also felt like it was a good 10lbs lighter?? Overall, the new cover seems much superior to the one I just took off and I have to commend BAK for their customer service. Absolutely no issues and didn't give me a hard time at all even though it was out of warranty.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very glad to hear of the good customer service. Planning on installing a BakFlip MX4 on the new truck when it finally arrives.