DTC B162F anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed this DTC when plugging into forscan… no issues I can see other than my start stop not working at all. Google’d it and had the service tech perform the SSM. As soon as he left I drove it around, came home and zero DTCs. This morning it came back again after dropping my kid off at preschool. I did have a “propower on board unavailable” message pop up during the drive but thought nothing of it. Anyone else have this DTC keep coming up? Anything I should try or do or just keep calling up the service dept?

Attachments

• IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 33

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have this & strange suspension behavior thats a total PITA. Havent been able to get the dealerships ive been to do anything about it

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have this dtc. Have taken it to the dealer a few times and all they’ve done is reset the module as well as apply the SSM for the code multiple times without a fix. They’ve gotten to a point where they don’t want to do anything more saying “it’s not on the dash” in regards to the code. Anyone have any insight? I am wondering if this (Vdm circuit open DTC) is what’s draining my battery?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to re-open this thread and ask if anyone had this DTC solved. I have a few recurring DTC's in my system. There are SSM and TSB for some of them. Should I take this information to the dealer and see if they should perform the SSM or TSB?

April 26, 2024.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to re-open this thread and ask if anyone had this DTC solved. I have a few recurring DTC's in my system. There are SSM and TSB for some of them. Should I take this information to the dealer and see if they should perform the SSM or TSB?

View attachment 452487
DTCs will set during normal operation due to network traffic, missed messages, etc. If there is no concern related to those DTCs then there is nothing to disgnose.

The dealer cannot perform diagnostics, updates, or repairs based on a DTC with no symptom.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are the DTC and the appropriate SSM or TSB

B115E
SSM 51688 2021-2023 F-150 - Inoperative Camera With DTCs C1001:01, B115E:15 And/Or B115E:31
Some 2021-2023 F-150 vehicles may exhibit an inoperative camera and diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) C1001:01 in the Sync Module (APIM), B115E:15 and/or B115E:31 in the Image Processing Module A (IPMA). This may be due to a loose coaxial cable or circuit connection. If only APIM DTC C1001:01 is present, verify connections between the IPMA and the APIM. If IPMA DTCs B115E:15 and/or B115E:31 are also present, verify connections between the IPMA and the affected camera(s). Refer to cell 145 of the online wiring diagram to identify affected connections. If an issue is found with any coaxial cable, the coaxial cable (10E929) can be serviced individually instead of the entire harness. If all connections are secure, continue with diagnostics in Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-13B. For claiming, use causal part number 10E929 and applicable labor operations in Section *10.

B15E2
SSM 51776 2021-2023 Various Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Driver Monitoring Camera Blockage Message And/Or Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) B115E:97, B15E1:97, B15E2:97
Some 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E/F-150, 2022-2023 Expedition/Navigator and 2023 Corsair vehicles may exhibit a Driver Monitoring Camera Blocked message and/or DTCs B115E:97, B15E1:97 and/or B15E2:97 stored in the driver status monitor camera module (CMR). These DTCs should be disregarded unless it is a DTC with a status byte 8F. Other status bytes should be disregarded as they may be caused by a camera obstruction such as driver position, aftermarket devices or dust on the camera. To clear the DTCs, remove anything obstructing the view of the camera and light emitting diodes (LEDs), place the steering wheel in the center position and close the driver door. Connect Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) and clear the DTCs. Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds. Turn the ignition on and wait 1 minute. Perform the CMR self-test and reevaluate if DTCs persist.

B162F
SSM 51160 2021-2022 F-150 - DTC B162F:13 Stored In The BCMC
Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may experience diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B162F:13 being stored in the body control module C (BCMC). This may be due to the configuration of the BCMC. To correct the condition, download and run the BCMC - Body Control Module C Configuration app using the latest level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). For claiming, use causal part 14A068 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

TSB B1330
Issue: Some 2021-2023 F-150 vehicles equipped with the minor feature code HUKAJ (400 watt direct current/alternating current [DC/AC] inverter system with a pickup bed AC power outlet socket) may experience the DC/AC inverter system inoperative with DTC B1330:9A stored in the BCM. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the VIN in the upper left corner of the PTS. This may be due to a connection issue at C4628. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to inspect the connector and secure the harness.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition if the vehicle meets all of the following criteria:

• 2021-2023 F-150

• minor feature code HUKAJ (400 watt DC/AC inverter system with a pickup bed AC power outlet socket)

• DC/AC inverter system inoperative with DTC B1330:9A stored in the BCM

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DTCs will set during normal operation due to network traffic, missed messages, etc. If there is no concern related to those DTCs then there is nothing to disgnose.

The dealer cannot perform diagnostics, updates, or repairs based on a DTC with no symptom.
OK I will check if these items are working properly.

I know that sometimes my cameras are not functional.
I can check that the passenger-side LED is working correctly
I can also check that the DC/AC inverter is working correctly also

I never used these features usually and wouldn't know they were not functioning properly. The website that remotely connects to my truck says this message:

This Vehicle has a higher than normal number of Vehicle Health Uploads or a very high DTC Count for one or more days, To accommodate this larger amount of data, the VHA/DTCs details can only be viewed for one day at a time.

VHA/DTC detail information can be viewed by selecting a date on the 60- Day Calendar View or by selecting the "View Data" icon