You wanna challenge me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I know. It makes us kinda different in that way.

But I stand by it. To 'allow' them, to me, is to support that sort of behavior. Sometimes, I've even seen it turn into a competition; who can come up with the best kill? And that sort of progression never seems to end well.

I've seen the aftermath of an attempted "kill" gone wrong, first hand. That was plenty enough for me to never want to have anything to do with street racing again, in any form.

By the way, here's the actual rule (click here)
Da Ruleses said:
Do not post about any street racing or illegal driving. SVTOffroad.com in no way supports street racing or racing in an unsafe and illegal manner. Discussions that involve any such law breaking are not welcome or permitted here. Obey your local traffic laws and satisfy your need for speed off road where permitted, or at the track only!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ray and others: There are forums that don't allow them and for good reason. I know of a very large performance oriented forum for Chevy sports cars ;) that does not allow them at all.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't condone illegal racing (officially) nor am I going to try and justify it, but I'm no bodies conscience either. People are going to do what they want to do and they need to know their going to be held accountable for their own actions. I've seen people's lives destroyed by street racing and known a couple of friends who's races ended with the police shooting holes in their cars. Anyhow, I didn't buy my Raptor for street racing so this is really a non issue other than I find it odd.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
What about when Dan posts about driving 90mph...that's illegal ;)

Seriously though, I understand the rule. Seeing the aftermath of speed gone wrong is never a fun thing...no need to promote activities that put innocent peoples lives in jeopardy. That's the reason I got the Raptor was so that I wouldn't be tempted to drive fast on the street like my Lightning and Audis...I can drive off road at a safer speed and have much more fun. Not to mention I don't have to worry about the whole jail thing.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off road "kill" stories are ok right? As in "Last weekend I killed a long travel Tacoma in a sand drag" sort of way... Theres no speed limit in dirt, thats where the Raptor is supposed to be fast

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Exactly. The line is really drawn between whats legal and whats illegal. If you're off road, or even on a private road, you'll never hear anything from us in terms of a rule. Now if you're legally reckless, you'll probably get your butt kicked a bit by other members for being a dork, but you wont have broken any SVTO rule. At least you'll have that going for ya :mrgreen:

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So basically preface all your posts, videos, pictures, thoughts with "one night in Mexico offroad I..............." and things should be fine.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So basically preface all your posts, videos, pictures, thoughts with "one night in Mexico offroad I..............." and things should be fine.

Or, "I know a guy that did this..." (wasn't me - I'm just relaying the info - don't shoot the messenger, etc.).

AuPanda

Reaction score
headergd.gif