Yeldarb's 2014 Raptor Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update - after uploading the 91 daily street tune, I was getting a CEL for the bank 2 sensor 2 exhaust O2 sensor. I have a few defoulers in my garage, so I added one to that sensor, then reuploaded the tune so I could start fresh to make sure the defouler worked. The CEL showed up again after a long drive and a key cycle, so I hooked up my obd2 reader and delved a bit deeper. I suspect that the rear o2 sensors are probably shot.

I'm going to email 5 star to confirm that the rear o2 sensors are for sure turned on, fix the sensors, add defoulers, and THEN I'll do another long drive with some key cycles to see if that fixes the CEL.

Aside from that small issue, the tune makes the truck drive a lot smoother. I haven't tried any hard acceleration yet, but I'm sure I'll be pleased.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emissions update - -

I replaced both rear o2 sensors with spacers added, and reflashed the 91 daily street tune. After a nice long drive, I was finally able to get all sensors to read "ready", and have no CELs!

I'm going to take it to get emissions tested on monday - wish me luck!

In the mean time, though, here's some pictures from my fun "ford drive cycle" drive:

PXL_20201219_205535372.jpg PXL_20201219_210350226.jpg PXL_20201219_204704136.jpg

OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is where it all begins.........just follow that rabbit down the little hole :D

Indeed. I've owned several vehicles with exhaust modifications here in CO, so I'm not too worried about passing emissions. My biggest concern was getting the truck's computer to say that everything was running well. In CO, they won't even test your vehicle if the vehicle's emissions sensors don't read as "ready", and there aren't any CELs.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Indeed. I've owned several vehicles with exhaust modifications here in CO, so I'm not too worried about passing emissions. My biggest concern was getting the truck's computer to say that everything was running well. In CO, they won't even test your vehicle if the vehicle's emissions sensors don't read as "ready", and there aren't any CELs.

I live in KC and this is all foreign to me. I mean everything fly's here, no smog, no regular inspections for the first 5 years then every 5. I mean we have no-ethyl gas readily available most everywhere if we want.

OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in KC and this is all foreign to me. I mean everything fly's here, no smog, no regular inspections for the first 5 years then every 5. I mean we have no-ethyl gas readily available most everywhere if we want.

And they call this the wild west, huh? Haha
Here there's a private company that the govt works with. They only do emissions for the big counties on the front range (aka Denver and the surrounding areas). Everywhere else in CO there's no testing. The state has been going back and forth for years on whether or not to keep the program.

If I pass, I don't need to get tested for another 2 years. Here's the kicker though: if I don't pass, and I spend $750 on emissions repairs, and then STILL don't pass - I get a waiver and don't have to pass the test o_O

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emissions update - -

I replaced both rear o2 sensors with spacers added, and reflashed the 91 daily street tune. After a nice long drive, I was finally able to get all sensors to read "ready", and have no CELs!

I'm going to take it to get emissions tested on monday - wish me luck!

In the mean time, though, here's some pictures from my fun "ford drive cycle" drive:

View attachment 158380 View attachment 158381 View attachment 158382

spacers added...please clarify?