Yeldarb's 2014 Raptor Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there's a post with all of the build numbers and what not, but it seems to be temporarily messed up from messy posting, so I'll just update my own build thread haha.

My raptor is #15,412 of 22,409 for 2014. Of those, mine is #5,911 of 8,594 in Tuxedo Black Metallic. And finally, my build date was June 17th, 2014.

I've never had such detailed info on the production of any vehicle I've owned -- I love being able to nerd out on it.

Now to decide if I want that build certificate thing...

OP
OP
Yeldarbraptor

Yeldarbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update time! After receiving the corsa, I noticed that I was getting a rattle at idle, and narrowed it down to the cats from the stainless works LT headers. Technically, I could have ordered replacement SW cats from ebay and had a shop put them on, but I have a big gripe about the stainless headers: they make it really hard/near impossible to change the transmission pan. So if I need to put new cats in, why not have a y-pipe made that would have new cats AND allow me to drop the driver's side to service the transmission? Then I could have them mate it all up to the corsa, and have a pretty sweet exhaust.

I found a great fabricator, and we ended up making a sweet system. Basically, the truck has two new high-flow cats, a removeable section that can be dropped to work on the transmission pan, and a small volant resonator just before the corsa muffler. I went back and forth in my mind on the resonator, but I'll be towing quite a bit with my wife in the truck, and wanted to find a happy medium between BAJA-HOON and stock. Basically I have LT headers, high flow cats, and a corsa sport. It still sounds great when I step on it, but if I just cruise, it is nice and quiet.

Now for some pics..
IMG_20210406_135256.jpg

IMG_20210406_135250.jpg

I'll try to get a good video up soon of the sound.

Next on the list is tackling the driveshaft u-joints and replacing the front shocks. I think I mentioned both earlier, but just haven't got around to them due to the crazy weather and no sunlight.

Planning on getting out to do some dirt road exploring here soon!

Reaction score
Awesome build thread! I’ve got the Corsa on my “wish list” so glad to hear you like it! Look forward to updates!

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love reading the build thread! Great project, and great looking truck