XDI HPFP 2020 installation thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just installed my XDI HPFP i got for my 2020 from @GooseTuned . I searched the internet for instruction but quickly realized they weren't relevant for my truck. I hope this helps anyone with a 2020 trying to install this pump to run Corn Juice.
1. Fuel Pump Control Module pigtail connector is removed by sliding the red tab up towards the raised hood and then pushing the black area where the red tab previously was.
2. The instructions i found said to disconnect the OEM HPFP electrical connector then start the truck in order to relieve the pressure. When the truck stalls, the pressure is gone. Well, I did that and the truck didn't stall. 17mm open end wrench to loosen the nut with a shop towel covering the connection. Fuel sprayed out but the towel caught it.
3. A fuel line removal tool ( $9.99 Autozone) is necessary to remove the low pressure side. If you are having trouble getting it off, put the tool on the OEM input line and pull the fuel line towards the front of the truck so the push fitting teeth slide over the tool. Once you feel a click of the teeth sliding over the tool you can easily wiggle the line back towards the firewall.
4. T45 bit is required to remove the bolts holding the OEM pump.
5. Replace OEM pump with XDI pump. If it doesn't sit flush you need to manually turn the harmonic balancer nut clockwise until the cam lobe is bottom dead center. The XDI pump will sit flush at this point. I was able to do this by removing the front skid plate and using a 3/8" ratchet and a 3" extension.
6. I followed recommended torque specifications for the HPFP bolts and have no leaking at this time.
7. The high pressure line needs to be bent slightly in order to go into the new pump. I did this using the 17mm wrench and my hands. It required roughly 5 degrees more bend toward the firewall then the stock bend.

Hope this helps anyone that wants to install this pump. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer them as best I can.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed my XDI HPFP i got for my 2020 from @GooseTuned . I searched the internet for instruction but quickly realized they weren't relevant for my truck. I hope this helps anyone with a 2020 trying to install this pump to run Corn Juice.
1. Fuel Pump Control Module pigtail connector is removed by sliding the red tab up towards the raised hood and then pushing the black area where the red tab previously was.
2. The instructions i found said to disconnect the OEM HPFP electrical connector then start the truck in order to relieve the pressure. When the truck stalls, the pressure is gone. Well, I did that and the truck didn't stall. 17mm open end wrench to loosen the nut with a shop towel covering the connection. Fuel sprayed out but the towel caught it.
3. A fuel line removal tool ( $9.99 Autozone) is necessary to remove the low pressure side. If you are having trouble getting it off, put the tool on the OEM input line and pull the fuel line towards the front of the truck so the push fitting teeth slide over the tool. Once you feel a click of the teeth sliding over the tool you can easily wiggle the line back towards the firewall.
4. T45 bit is required to remove the bolts holding the OEM pump.
5. Replace OEM pump with XDI pump. If it doesn't sit flush you need to manually turn the harmonic balancer nut clockwise until the cam lobe is bottom dead center. The XDI pump will sit flush at this point. I was able to do this by removing the front skid plate and using a 3/8" ratchet and a 3" extension.
6. I followed recommended torque specifications for the HPFP bolts and have no leaking at this time.
7. The high pressure line needs to be bent slightly in order to go into the new pump. I did this using the 17mm wrench and my hands. It required roughly 5 degrees more bend toward the firewall then the stock bend.

Hope this helps anyone that wants to install this pump. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer them as best I can.
I put the XDI pump on my 2017 last year as well and your directions are great. The one thing I found lacking with the pump were the actual torque specifications from XDI. There is a pdf floating around on this site with directions concerning a non H.O. Eco boost and the torque settings are incorrect for the Raptor’s XDI version. I emailed them and this is the correct torque settings:

Bolt torque specs:

• M6:
    • 130inlb or 11lbft
  • 1/4-20:
    • 140inLb or 12lbft