Wyoming Red Desert Run - August 8th-9th (Pre-run Jul 31st-Aug 1st)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in.

Need to confirm work schedule in August, but I'm only 5 hours from Riverton.

If we get the normal monsoon this year, some of those dry dusty roads could look a little interesting....

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good @Mogo!

I have not been on these roads in an all out rainstorm but I have found that after the fact overall they hold up pretty good. There are sections where you can see some tracks where obviously it was muddy for certain stretches but not impassable. Believe it or not, these roads in the middle of nowhere are fairly decent. They can wash out some in the low lying areas but I'm hoping it's not a muddy mess because I'm hoping we can let our truck air out a little and not battle mud the whole way. We'll get 'er done either way! I think I'll have a backup plan just in case though.

Last edited:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last weekend in July and first week of August is also (possibly) the Colorado Raptor Run which in talks with Trey may extend into a few days at Moab. Would be interested in this run, but probably late August or September. Keep me on the 'maybe' list. Thanks for putting this together Wyo!

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the dates that worked best on my end. It was time to get a date set and proceed forward. Just trying to give back to this awesome Raptor community.

If you can't make this one, maybe they'll be some time later before the snow flies to give it another go somewhere!

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Added a full day 3 option for those that might like to stick around Monday, August 10th.
Will also consider a half day option. The full day would give you a nice dose of the beautiful Wind River Mountains.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any more early interest? I will definitely cap this at 10 trucks max! It'll be my first run and I want to keep it fun, low key and manageable. Still in the early stages of planning so expect more info as we work forward. I want this to be a safe, family friendly outing. Drivers of all experience levels are welcome. They'll be places to open it up if you wish or drive more moderate for long distances. Keep checking the first few threads for updated info. It should be fun!