GEN 2 WRECKED: 2018 Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems light to me, I’m on here cuz I had my 2015 GMC totaled by a head collision w/ a deer @ 70mph

Every single airbag went off in my case tho so interior/dash/headliner etc trashed + hood/bumper/grill dented, rt fender crumpled, passenger door dented driver door dented/scraped etc

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure you can get diminished value on a comp claim? Never heard of it, hopefully your insurance will help you out.

Good luck getting it fixed back up!

OP
OP
W

Wisejiffylube

Reaction score
Just looked it up fir the state of KY . It states they don't pay if it's not a collision . There certainly was a collision unless the verbage intent was car collision

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they are referring to Collision as if another vehicle hit yours. Deer colliding with your truck is considered a Comprehensive claim.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GT Man is right... I run a chain of auto body shops that are all F-150 certified... the good news is that A) the damage is totally repairable, and B) deer hits are comp claims and don't raise your rates.... make sure that the shop you are taking it to is Ford F150 certified, and has all the aluminum tools and protocols. Many shops don't have the training and tools to work on aluminum..... Also, if you insurance company as a list of direct repair shops, best to use one of those... lifetime warranty that way.

I agree with everything up to that part.

you can take your vehicle to any body shop of your choice. After all, the parts manufacturers warranty the part, and the body shop is who stands behind the labor. Insurance companies don’t have a thing to do with the “lifetime warranty” if you take it to one of their approved shops. They sway people to those shops because they have a lower negotiated rate with them. 99% of their customers believe that.