Would you still buy a new 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Why? I’ve only put 1,500 miles on the GT350. I need a truck.

Because you have a stout car (could be better going with the gt500) and it is reliable. Get a regular truck and have the comfort in knowing your 5L truck will be a fun workhorse. It actually outperformed the Raptor in the top end!

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ what does it actually take to kill the village idiot? Serious question for moderators and administrative type peeps..........?

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
If I wanted a regular F150, I wouldn't be on this forum. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2018 F150 Lariat SE 4WD 157" WB, but when I looked at the price of that in comparison to a Raptor, I think the Raptor is the better buy in terms of holding value and overall fun factor. Plus, it just looks bad ass.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
If I wanted a regular F150, I wouldn't be on this forum. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2018 F150 Lariat SE 4WD 157" WB, but when I looked at the price of that in comparison to a Raptor, I think the Raptor is the better buy in terms of holding value and overall fun factor. Plus, it just looks bad ass.

But, factor the discount you get on the 5L f150. If you buy a raptor, you won’t be getting the same deal. Depreciation hit on raptor is much more severe due to this.
If you have not bought yet, would you rather have the ecoboost or the new 7L being readied? Weigh this in your choice.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, factor the discount you get on the 5L f150. If you buy a raptor, you won’t be getting the same deal. Depreciation hit on raptor is much more severe due to this.
If you have not bought yet, would you rather have the ecoboost or the new 7L being readied? Weigh this in your choice.

FFS man can you just give it a rest. So many things are wrong on this post.
The raptor has a much lower depreciation rate than a lariat F150. This holds true for Gen 1 and Gen 2. Also there is absolutely no proof that the 7.0L will be in the Raptor. Some post on a random website does not count.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
So, if you get $10k-$15k off MSRP on a 5L f150, and pay MSRP (or more) for a raptor, what do you think resale will be?

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if you get $10k-$15k off MSRP on a 5L f150, and pay MSRP (or more) for a raptor, what do you think resale will be?

Well right now where I live in Texas a number of used 2017 Raptors with 10k plus miles list from 1k-3k less than MSRP. So to say there is depreciation there is not well informed at all. A similar lariat will be significantly lower than the price you can purchase it for.

Dammit look at me I got sucked into the MGD troll vortex!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like that Sasquatch is becoming more and more adamant, that means the ban hammer is about to come down on him. It's pretty typical. Gets banned, re-registers under a new alias, pretends to be helpful for a little while but crosses over into trolling territory before long. Once most everyone on the forum knows who he is, he reverts to full retard mode (as seen in this thread) gets banned, rinse/repeat.