GEN 2 Woolwax/Fluid film DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my a s s in gear and started applying Wool wax. Got black for the axle and straw for the rest.

7426C44D-8248-4E0F-814B-10073CF2AC08.jpeg

Looks much better and feel better about the brine and salt the city applies to the roads.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
I use straw for everything, WW holds on much better against road washing than FF but Im not sure if it creeps nearly as well. Still need to coat the wife Legacy for this season.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use straw for everything, WW holds on much better against road washing than FF but Im not sure if it creeps nearly as well. Still need to coat the wife Legacy for this season.
So far I like WW over FF. I agree-straw hides everything pretty good so I’ll pass on the black.

I’ll try Blaster next.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I like WW over FF. I agree-straw hides everything pretty good so I’ll pass on the black.

I’ll try Blaster next.

He just talked me out of buying that stuff, once I seen how hard it was to clean off. It would be great for his chevy truck as he has no bling underneath.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He just talked me out of buying that stuff, once I seen how hard it was to clean off. It would be great for his chevy truck as he has no bling underneath.
A few reactions to that video. The Woolwax I had put on my truck does not wash off with a cold water pressure washer. Hot water heavy pressure washer at the drive thru will wash it off. I had a pro shop do mine last year. The pro guys heat the Woolwax up before application to make it migrate. Everywhere they put it still has a nice coating. They went inside the frame rails, inside the hitch, way up inside the upper bed corners, etc. Lanolin is known to not be good with UV, in normal use it's not an issue. The way the guy mounted pieces in the full sun isn't realistic for most applications.

Today, that stuff is like it was a year ago, just with a light coating of dirt stuck to it. The only place I needed to reapply was the rear axle and diff, and the front lower A arms. That was needed there only because I had purposely blasted it off with a hot commercial pressure washer because it looked crappy with the dirt stuck to it, last spring. I left it clean for the summer and just reapplied it today. From what I saw today, the important, hard to reach areas, are still fully protected. I'm super impressed with the WoolWax and the black looks great on the axle and diff. I sprayed the A arms black today too, because that's all I had here. The clear, once it got the dirt stuck to it, looked black anyway. I'll blast it off in the spring again.

Maybe the Blaster stuff is awesome, but so is the WoolWax.

Last edited: