GEN 2 Wiring Upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Okay, so I just wired 3 sets of lights in the bumper and wired them directly to the pass through bundle which has no power when the ignition is on and the switches are on, although the switches are lit indicating power. I am sure I am missing something as I understand the pass through wires in the engine compartment are supposed to be hot. Mine are not. Is there somewhere in the cab that these passtheough wires need to be connected in order to be hot from the switch?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, so I just wired 3 sets of lights in the bumper and wired them directly to the pass through bundle which has no power when the ignition is on and the switches are on, although the switches are lit indicating power. I am sure I am missing something as I understand the pass through wires in the engine compartment are supposed to be hot. Mine are not. Is there somewhere in the cab that these passtheough wires need to be connected in order to be hot from the switch?

If I understand you correctly you've connected your lights to the Pass Thru wires which are not the correct wires for your exterior lights. The AUX wires are one bundle and the Pass Thru wires are another, separate bundle. You should be using the AUX wires for your exterior lights.

The Pass Thru wires are for use when you want to power something(s) INSIDE the cab using the Upfitter Switches and each one you want to use needs to be connected to an AUX wire.

Take a look at this pic from the other thread on this subject (see link I posted - above) here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/aux-switch-wires-pass-through-wires-55376/#post1190693

NOTE: THIS PIC SHOWS 2017 WIRING. On MY 2018 this is REVERSED (Pass Thru wires are on the Left and the AUX wires are on the Right)
34432221503_546e21339d_z.jpg

Last edited:

stevej88

Reaction score
I had a couple of questions in Private messaging so I thought I would post this here.

Wiring the upfitter switches is super easy.

There are two sets of wires under the engine compartment on the passenger side, just to the rear of the battery, near all of the connections passing through into the cabin. Mine were taped off to the other wire bundles.

The hot side is nearest the battery, the switch side is nearest the firewall.

Example: To connect the Baja Designs lights all you do is run the Red (hot) wires to the battery side wires and the Red/Black to the switch side wires.

You can use a wire nut to connect several together to a single upfitter switch connection.

The wires are color coded as follows:

AUX1 - Green(solid)/Blue(stripe) - 15A
AUX2 - Gray/Yellow - 15A
AUX3 - Violet/Orange - 10A
AUX4 - Brown/Blue - 10A
AUX5 - Gray/Orange - 5A
AUX6 - Yellow/Violet - 5A

Remember, the engine needs to be running in order for your upfitter switches to work. Hopefully this saves someone some time.

Remember in Ford's infinite wisdom, they changed the 2018 Wiring location and wiring color codes and the engine does not need to be running anymore.

It's even wrong in the supplement for the 2018. I burned about 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot my fog light install last night.

I hooked up to Green / White For Aux 1 and Gray / Yellow for Aux 3. I have the complete diagram at home if anyone needs it.

BudTX

Reaction score
Remember in Ford's infinite wisdom, they changed the 2018 Wiring location and wiring color codes and the engine does not need to be running anymore.

It's even wrong in the supplement for the 2018. I burned about 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot my fog light install last night.

I hooked up to Green / White For Aux 1 and Gray / Yellow for Aux 3. I have the complete diagram at home if anyone needs it.

Can you post up that 2018 diagram? I'm tackling fog and driving light wiring tomorrow.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the complete diagram at home if anyone needs it.

Can we all come to your house and look at it? :ROFLJest: Or perhaps you can post it here instead?

...and the engine does not need to be running anymore.

Is this true? I've not seen this reported/posted here before.

I wonder if/how we can get the Upfitter Switches to be powered when the Raptor is off?

stevej88

Reaction score
Can you post up that 2018 diagram? I'm tackling fog and driving light wiring tomorrow.

Guys, here is the wiring diagram:

I thought i would have to wait to get home but i was able to snag it from ford raptor lights page. Kudo's to them, although I did not follow their instructions at first because all the documentation including the Supplement manual still shows the 2017 colors, which for the most part do NOT exist on 2018. Don't forget the powered wires on the right closest to the engine, the pass-through wires are on the left closest to the passenger side.

Auxiliary​ ​Switch Under​ ​Hood​ ​Wire​ ​(Amp)
Aux​ ​1 2017 Green/Blue​ ​(15) -- 2018 Green/White​ ​(15)
Aux​ ​2 2017 Gray/Yellow​ ​(15) -- 2018 Brown/Blue​ ​(15)
Aux​ ​3 2017 Violet/Orange​ ​(10) -- 2018 Gray/Yellow​ ​(10)
Aux​ ​4 2017 Brown/Blue​ ​(10) -- 2018 Green/Yellow​ ​(10)
Aux​ ​5 2017 Gray/Orange​ ​(5) -- 2018 Brown/White​ ​(5)
Aux​ ​6 2017 Yellow/Violet​ ​(5) -- 2018 Green/Orange(5)
Ground 2017 Black -- 2018 Black

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Can we all come to your house and look at it? :ROFLJest: Or perhaps you can post it here instead?

Is this true? I've not seen this reported/posted here before.

I wonder if/how we can get the Upfitter Switches to be powered when the Raptor is off?

Sorry, wanted to make sure it wasn't a duplicate post or something you guys already knew about, see post above for the diagram. Here is the link to Ford Raptor Lights documentation for review.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...Bezel_Install_Guide-G.pdf?3029740607483491376

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1713/8089/files/Gen_2_Bezel_Install_Guide-G.pdf?3029740607483491376

Engine does not have to be running, you can ask my wife I guess, she was my witness, I thought I did something wrong. Glad they reversed this in 2018..

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to tie in a 21amp light bar (BD 40" OnX6) into an AUX switch. I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to use a relay.

Are there any other options? Could I replace the relay/fuse in the fuse box to the Ford 25amp versions found in the F250 to increase the amp rating or would that just mean you guys would come over to roast marshmallows by my burning truck :ROFLJest:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to tie in a 21amp light bar (BD 40" OnX6) into an AUX switch. I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to use a relay.

Are there any other options? Could I replace the relay/fuse in the fuse box to the Ford 25amp versions found in the F250 to increase the amp rating or would that just mean you guys would come over to roast marshmallows by my burning truck :ROFLJest:

For a real easy solution for this problem go to Keith mandoske
that is me. 312-317-9444
web page and order his fix. I have one and its so effing easy to setup. https://www.lvjmotorsports.com/
https://www.lvjmotorsports.com/product-page/gen-2-relay-upgrade-mod

Last edited: