Wiring KC Slimlites to Upfitter switch #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man.... you all with your cut and scraped hands. my hands are by no means small, but i never have an issue with getting in there.

oh wait, maybe because im an installer........

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You my friend have the benefit of skill and experience.

I lack skill and the experience came a bit late...

de4avetu.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I sit on the passenger side, that's the hand I can use to reach into the glove compartment area.

And I'm right handed, making it even harder.... :)

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the side opening was too small for my hand to fit. I had to reach in from the glove box to cut enough tape so that the upfitter switch cables could be pulled. I also did not have the right tools. I needed something long and pointy and sharp to slice that tape more efficiently. I tried scissors and a knife, and reaching with those inside that mess of cables and plastic edges cause most of the scratches.

Once I had removed some tape I was able to pull down enough cable to work outside of the hole. Not a lot, but enough that I didn't have to put my hands in there anymore.

a4u6ezu6.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps you now :( but its not hard to do this so you wont cut your hands up.

Hood lights installed man its nice to have the plastic cutter for my die grinder... and since I didnt want to cut my arms up connecting the upfitter wires I removed two hold trees and one of the screws that hold the 4x4 module in place so the harness will come down under the dash and I can get to everything...

HoodLights004_zpsd32b3a0d.jpg

HoodLights005_zps0c96df44.jpg

HoodLights001_zpsc731902e.jpg

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes! I found those the hard way. Once they came out, I was able to pull enough cable out to work without having to cut all the tape.

Oh, and I didn't put them back. My hands were hurting too much at that point...