windshield wiper arms adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pla748

Reaction score
recently, my 2018 raptor stayed in service center for a half month, when it came back, I found lots of thinks different.
the wiper arm is not correctly positioned on the windshield window, and in a rain, the wiper blade swing over the edge of the window, heavily hit the frame. the arm on the driver side is twisted in a weird angle.

wiper blade position.JPG wiper blade overwiped.JPG

i tried to adjust it by myself first, but there is a little wedge in the arm base, which have to be matched into the groove in both arms base and motor stub wheel. therefore, there is no way to make any adjustment.

wedge_1.JPG wedge_2.JPG

Then have to visit the my adviser again in the dealership. since the arms is apparently deformed, they ordered a new parts, and temporarily adjusted the arms so that it will work before the parts delivered. when i got home, found the technician just simply remove the wedge and adjust the arm position.

is that a right way ? just worry if the gear will worn out quick when the wiper wave quickly.

wedge_mine.JPG

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw the little silver plugs away and index your wiper arms on the splines where you like them. The silver plugs are just there for quick assembly at the factory. I moved mine more inline with the windshield heater elements.

FoShizzle

Reaction score
Throw the little silver plugs away and index your wiper arms on the splines where you like them. The silver plugs are just there for quick assembly at the factory. I moved mine more inline with the windshield heater elements.
+1 I did the same about 6 months ago and have had no issues.