Windshield Cracked from edge- no chips. ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevo_lo

Reaction score
Traveling- found an auto glass shop in the town I’m in that will do Ford OEM glass & calibration for $893 out the door.

That feels a bit better. haha
I'm in Middle TN as well, Mount Juliet. Can I ask which auto glass shop you're going with for my future reference? I have two rock chips right smack in the middle of my windshield. I'd like to have a good option in my back pocket should they decide to fully crack.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright- so the Jack Morris agent that sold me the OEM Ford glass for the appointment today was either ignorant or dishonest- can’t say which, but- I was incredibly clear and repetitive that I wanted Ford branded, Ford labeled, OEM “SoundScreen” glass. She quoted me specifically for Ford OEM glass the $893 out the door price. However, she wrote up and ordered aftermarket glass - which was waiting for me at the appointment. sheesh.

I did get the part # for a 2020 802a Raptor. - LL3Z-1503100-D [ships from Autolite?]

The windshield price is $825.45 + tax from Ford. I found it for ~$550 online, but I didn’t check shipping.

I was not able to get an independant price on install, but Ford dealer charge for Calibration was $129 + tax.

- hope this helps the next guy/gal. I’m still looking for the windshield for me!

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find an independent installer. I had a OEM soundscreen windshield installed for $480. No calibration needed (verified on 1600mi roadtrip), intaller says that a BS CYA invoice padding charge. My guy has worked @ safelite for 12 years and runs his own shop on the side. Took 40min in my driveway.

Safelite will install OEM glass if you raise a stink but at that astronomical price you were quoted.