Window sticker location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What window does the window sticker get attached to from the factory? Rear passenger? I ask because I took delivery of the truck, and the window sticker was tore up and put on front passenger seat and I have scratches on my rear passenger window. I didn't notice the scratch for the first two weeks of ownership and I am told Ford won't cover so it will be out of pocket to repair, makes sense.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What window does the window sticker get attached to from the factory? Rear passenger? I ask because I took delivery of the truck, and the window sticker was tore up and put on front passenger seat and I have scratches on my rear passenger window. I didn't notice the scratch for the first two weeks of ownership and I am told Ford won't cover so it will be out of pocket to repair, makes sense.
What did they remove it with, a shovel?

OP
OP
KCHawkeye02

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always use lube.

I don't think there are any rules for where it gets attached, other than being on the inside and out of the way for test drives. Are the scratches on the inside?
yes. scratches from the inside. sticker was not attached when it arrived to the dealer.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was on passenger side front window. My advice for anyone buying this truck is to somehow follow the car carrier truck to the dealership and then stay with the vehicle until you can drive it home yourself. I’ve never seen such sloppy terrible inspection and prep work for an $80k truck or even a $30k truck. Whoever they hire to unpackaged and prep I think gets paid extra to fu*k it up and scratch it. If you let them prep it and wash it also they will swirl scratch the black pillars by default.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like @SurfRaptor, mine was on the front pass window. See pic
Mine was on passenger side front window. My advice for anyone buying this truck is to somehow follow the car carrier truck to the dealership and then stay with the vehicle until you can drive it home yourself. I’ve never seen such sloppy terrible inspection and prep work for an $80k truck or even a $30k truck. Whoever they hire to unpackaged and prep I think gets paid extra to fu*k it up and scratch it. If you let them prep it and wash it also they will swirl scratch the black pillars by default.
Who has time to do this? Let alone know the specific time frame of when the transport truck will deliver your truck to the dealer? Your truck could sit at the train depot for days, if not weeks. Can’t use all my vacation days staking out that damn truck! Lol Not to mention for some on here, if not the majority, their dealer isn’t a hop, a skip, & a jump away.

Attachments

• 873C057F-69F4-4611-A196-43C2A0AB51D1.jpeg
    873C057F-69F4-4611-A196-43C2A0AB51D1.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 20

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like @SurfRaptor, mine was on the front pass window. See pic

Who has time to do this? Let alone know the specific time frame of when the transport truck will deliver your truck to the dealer? Your truck could sit at the train depot for days, if not weeks. Can’t use all my vacation days staking out that damn truck! Lol Not to mention for some on here, if not the majority, their dealer isn’t a hop, a skip, & a jump away.
Yea no one has the time so you have to deal with these small imperfections. Sucks all around.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. scratches from the inside. sticker was not attached when it arrived to the dealer.
You might want to look very closely with direct sunlight on glass. When I purchased my ‘20 I noticed what at first appeared to be scratches on just the window the sticker had been removed from. I thought they used a razor blade or something to take off. And I didn’t see it right away either. The more obvious “scratches” (you could feel with ur fingernail) then turned into more embedded swirls etc that was clearly “in the glass”. Took it into ford and it was covered as a defect in just that 1 rear door glass. Replaced no charge to me.