wierd Carplay volume issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What iOS version are you running?

The latest, 13.4.1

So I posted this on Facebook as well. The consensus there is Waze as well. One fella may have figured it out. Waze has a feature in Settings called "Audio Player". Go Disable it. It appears to be a new feature and it is enabled by default. I haven't tested this yet but will shortly.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Sgt Beavis!

I was asking about he iOS version thinking it may have been due to a recent update by Apple, but sounds like a Waze issue.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power off your phone and then turn it back on and your vol will work in CarPlay. I just did this and it worked on my 2019

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest, 13.4.1

So I posted this on Facebook as well. The consensus there is Waze as well. One fella may have figured it out. Waze has a feature in Settings called "Audio Player". Go Disable it. It appears to be a new feature and it is enabled by default. I haven't tested this yet but will shortly.
I have the audio player turned off in waze and it still does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Wong

Reaction score
Power off your phone and then turn it back on and your vol will work in CarPlay. I just did this and it worked on my 2019

2020 here - just had this today and restarting my phone did the trick as well. I have Waze installed but it was not open or running at the time. Hope this doesn’t persist.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, I tried a hard reboot of my phone yesterday but the problem persists. The problem is also occurring during other radio functions like listening to SirriusXM. It only stops when I unplug the phone.

I also tried calling up Siri from my steering wheel. That didn’t seem to work either but I’m going to give it another go..

I wonder if this is happening on other infotainment systems like uConnect.