Why would you not buy a gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the lack of them in the long run may be best and less to fix.
I used to look at my old mustang which I've owned for decades as a very simple car to work on, but then I fuel injected it and computerized it to get with the times and have reliability, which it has. I now look at my Gen 1 Raptor as a very simple truck to work on (except for a couple spark plugs). Funny how technology changes and advances, but we do get used to it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to look at my old mustang which I've owned for decades as a very simple car to work on, but then I fuel injected it and computerized it to get with the times and have reliability, which it has. I now look at my Gen 1 Raptor as a very simple truck to work on (except for a couple spark plugs). Funny how technology changes and advances, but we do get used to it.
Very true. My old Camaro still has a carb on it(started life with fuel injection). I go back and forth about adding EFI. But the simplicity of it is something to enjoy. Love high tech, but can appreciate old simplicity that works. One day I will swap the spool out of the 9” lol

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
becacuse I vowed never to buy another NEW vehicle. The intrinsic value vs. real money cost of driving something fresh and new isnt worth it to me anymore. Personally, living my life car/truck payment free is worth more.

Plus the ADM up north puts a 37 package anywhere from $120-130K CAD
2022, they are adding a 10% luxury tax in Ontario, canada for vehicles over 100k. I think BC already has it.

You will have to pay another 10% in taxes. Get it now before it's too late!

OP
OP
Squeaky1

Squeaky1

Reaction score
It's great reading everyones side. After much debate and with timing and price being the most critical part I found a 19 802A Carbon pack with 27k on the odo for $67k. Yes I wanted a new G3 but with the wait and maybe an extra $25k, i wasn't goling for it. I felt like I got a good deal (with today's prices) and will consider a 21 or so when this availability and pricing **** show calms down. Overall I'm happy. This thing looks like it was babied but that's all about to change. LOL. Now for some upgrades. I really want to level it, throw 37's and add a 100more hp to it.
2019 raptor.jpg

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the digital dash, IMO gauges should have an analog appearance like the G2 trucks. Hate all the colors on the digital gauges. 0.9 rpm, WTH is that? Hate the shifter, Ford tried to fix a problem that didn’t exist. Doesn’t get much better than a ‘19 carbon fiber shift handle. Hate the ‘37 graphics on the bed. Another WTH, slapping a bunch of crap across the entire bed and part of the doors? Designed by a 12 year old girl? Still struggle with the front end, and flat fender lines toward the hood, and specially the front fender area around the vents, and the vents themselves. Again fixing a problem that didn’t exist. Giant step backwards in those areas......

What are you trying to say?

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's more reason to get one than not. The rear link suspension and exhaust modes are big upgrades from the Gen2.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
I’m looking to get into one but I’m going to wait for the 2023 and hope the R’s show up. I imagine it (R) will be like a GT500 but if it is like the 37” is Today I’m going to have to think really hard. $100k is insane but everything will be so who knows…..

Right now with Gen 2 and 1 pricing it is hard not to buy a Gen 3 at MSRP.