Why so many low milage Gen2 trucks for sale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is quite a humorous thread. The elephant in the room is that the GEN2 trucks are plagued by oil leaks, transmission leaks, transmission failures... and in fact a whole bevy of problems documented here on this very web site. Those problems don't contribute to low mileage GEN2s being prematurely available for sale? REALLY?

Before I bought my truck I did a little research. I visited the Ford Raptor web site and took note of the overall length and width of the vehicle I was considering buying. Then I went out to my actual garage and with an actual tape measure determined if the garage was actually large enough to actually accommodate a Raptor. This little bit of practical research revealed that the garage was large enough all right, but the then-current positions of the table saw, welding rig, etc. restricted available space. So I moved them. Problem solved. It was not challenging. It was not difficult. It was, in fact, a one-beer job. An actual beer, of course.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep.. 26 sold at Mannheim across the country since 7/18/17 . 6 months back they would average 71500 on the block , today 65k projected next month 64k.
Something I thought was strange
The AG has a 140 deduct .. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Appears several dealers didn't let them go if you seen 20

That auction house is where Ford dumps test and media fleet vehicles. They've been driven but never owned.

Everyone I saw go at auction went for MSRP or very close.

My 2017 is going no-where, but I like the inference from the troll OP that something is wrong with the 2017's.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is quite a humorous thread. The elephant in the room is that the GEN2 trucks are plagued by oil leaks, transmission leaks, transmission failures... and in fact a whole bevy of problems documented here on this very web site. Those problems don't contribute to low mileage GEN2s being prematurely available for sale? REALLY?

Before I bought my truck I did a little research. I visited the Ford Raptor web site and took note of the overall length and width of the vehicle I was considering buying. Then I went out to my actual garage and with an actual tape measure determined if the garage was actually large enough to actually accommodate a Raptor. This little bit of practical research revealed that the garage was large enough all right, but the then-current positions of the table saw, welding rig, etc. restricted available space. So I moved them. Problem solved. It was not challenging. It was not difficult. It was, in fact, a one-beer job. An actual beer, of course.

I've only been posting here since I put in my order for a Raptor, but I've been lurking for quite a bit longer than that. I've seen the problem posts, however, "plague" is hardly the word I'd use. Heck, many of the issues I've read about were self inflicted by use of devices like Pedal Commander and all the legitimate issues don't seem abnormally high to me.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else to keep in mind here...

Many of the comments/reasons are right on target. But one other likely factor is expectations (especially in Texas) regarding load capacity and TOWING.

Many buyers chasing the latest, greatest, most awesome truck (or car) around don't know the first thing about them and don't know what it can/can't do or how it will perform for their use.

Watch the Power Wagon and when people realize the low payload! Still can't believe they call it a 2500...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've only been posting here since I put in my order for a Raptor, but I've been lurking for quite a bit longer than that. I've seen the problem posts, however, "plague" is hardly the word I'd use. Heck, many of the issues I've read about were self inflicted by use of devices like Pedal Commander and all the legitimate issues don't seem abnormally high to me.

I'm curious. What owner-installed add-on devices explain crankcase and transmission pan leaks?

And then there's more serious problems like this: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/engine-misfire-message-55348/
Explain that, if you will, with an aftermarket add-on.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That auction house is where Ford dumps test and media fleet vehicles. They've been driven but never owned.

Everyone I saw go at auction went for MSRP or very close.

My 2017 is going no-where, but I like the inference from the troll OP that something is wrong with the 2017's.

I hear you .
I'm a auto junkie and carry a dealers license and the only raptors I seen run at auction wasn't owned by ford but dealers who purchased these new at msrp or a hair over msrp and putting the cash in there pocket.. a dealer I buy my Porsche's from bought and sold 10 new ones. He was paying 2500 to 3k over sticker and making the same in his pocket on resale, as u can see Manhiem results the last month or so, these are not rookie #'s.
. A month or so back I watched one run with 5k miles without 802a and it brought 68k .. Market has settled and according to Manheim , MMR will drop another grand within 30 days.. like I said I wasn't in market for a new Raptor at all but after I seen the owner of Go Recons modified raptor , I was on the horn that afternoon trying to locate my best deal and bought one the next day from a dealer 750 miles from me, paid the sales guy to drive it to me on his day off and I flew him home that night . It was just a really hot piece then and still is but is settling down. I'm having fun modifying it to my tastes and I will possibly keep her or let her go .. it's just a really fun, cool unit!
IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170818/f7e2d214e804994251191f5c0b3f4352.png[/IMG]
2e75b367ad6980b4b41ec9ae7c3e0965.png