GEN 2 Why does this thing have to be a *************?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1.5 years of ownership, 28 k miles

-flat black exhaust tips started coming off at like 10k miles, completely gone on the passenger side now.
-red stripe on steering wheel wearing like shit
-gloss black b pillars scratched up after the first wash, toast after a few washes, they are wrapped now cause they were that bad
-paint sucks balls and scratches easily
-tires toast after 26k miles
-leaky oil pan from day 1

This bitch is disposable

I’ll give you $500 for it cash. Just to help a brother out and all. I’ll even come and pick it up.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree about the A Pillars what a joke literally scratched to hell after first wash.... I also think this truck makes lots of noises.... squeaks and clunks which are annoying on a truck that is 1 year old.

Do you think it your suspension that is making the noises? My truck is still quiet after 3 months with the new suspension...

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has 25.5k miles and the only one of those issues it has is the scratchy B-pillars. I've polished them out a few times with my d/a polisher but after a few washes they get scratched up again. I've been wanting to get them wrapped but I haven't got around to it yet.

drewabbs

Reaction score
My truck has 25.5k miles and the only one of those issues it has is the scratchy B-pillars. I've polished them out a few times with my d/a polisher but after a few washes they get scratched up again. I've been wanting to get them wrapped but I haven't got around to it yet.

Every vehicle I have ever had the glossy pillars on were scratched out quickly, this time, I clear bra'd them 400miles in.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1.5 years of ownership, 28 k miles

-flat black exhaust tips started coming off at like 10k miles, completely gone on the passenger side now.
-red stripe on steering wheel wearing like shit
-gloss black b pillars scratched up after the first wash, toast after a few washes, they are wrapped now cause they were that bad
-paint sucks balls and scratches easily
-tires toast after 26k miles
-leaky oil pan from day 1

This bitch is disposable

Dispose it. You must have gotten a bad batch of parts. Sucks, but no sense in driving something you dont like.

25k miles
Exhaust is flawless
Red stripe isnt wearing at all
B pillars arent bad. I baby them. Im the only one that washes my truck. Always used the 2 bucket method.
Avalanche Grey is holding up great
Besides for a few chunks of rubber missing from crawling im at 50% life with even wear. 10K rotations
Never had oil pan issues

Any luck warrantying the tips, wheel and pan?

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only went in for the pan.

Dont get me wrong, I love the truck, it's perfect for my needs, I just hate to see the early wear.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty surprised that no one else has mentioned the exhaust tips, mine must have been poorly coated.

The oil pan and B-pillars are pretty well known issues.

I guess mine isn't a pavement princess, but still disappointing
I've seen at least one other person mention the exhaust tips. The B-pillars are terrible on all vehicles these days. I've had my truck since June and they've only been lightly wiped with detail spray using a Chemical Guys cloth and in the sun, you can see loads of scratches.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck trend did a 17k mile long term test , I’m sure they drove it hard and did not baby it. They’re only complaint was a tear in the bedliner and exhaust tip finish flaking off

Status
Not open for further replies.