Who runs kings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why no love for kings? I see a lot of icons and fox's. I'm a little ways out from upgrading but I know I'm going with kings in this configuration:

a8y4u2e7.jpg

Looking for some firsthand knowledge of the king kit on a raptor. And pics of you've got them!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna lie those are looking pretty sexy!! Kings are great fox and kings are gonna e your two best options! There's a reason they've both been around for a very very long time and there's a reason you see the top teams in the dirt run kings or fox shocks!

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a guy with a rock buggy that runs 14" travel King Coilovers. That thing is badass. I'd definitely consider Kings if I wanted a suspension upgrade.

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna lie those are looking pretty sexy!! Kings are great fox and kings are gonna e your two best options! There's a reason they've both been around for a very very long time and there's a reason you see the top teams in the dirt run kings or fox shocks!

That's what I'm sayin!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanna have fun? Compare King shocks vs Fox shocks vs Icon shocks and see who "wins"

There's no answer to that question just opinions.

Buy what you like, what you can get the best deal on, which one has the best graphics or prettiest girls at the shows.

I'd be shocked (pun intended) if more than 5% of the members on this forum could tell the difference assuming all 3 test trucks could be set up identically except for the shocks.

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a customer with kings on a 2010 raptor with 90k miles of all baja and harshest terrain you can put a truck though...hasn't rebuilt them once. AWESOME SHOCKS!!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess would be because Fox is the OEM shock on Raptor so it's a natural choice for replacement and Icon has a lot more involvement on this forum and events, so they get more conquest love. Kings are great shocks though... I'd run 'em in a heartbeat. Like Pat said, those are sexy; where did you find those and is that photo actually of Raptor specific shock/coilover?

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir, on the king section here they were sent to a raptor customer. They will custom anodize them any color you want.