GEN 2 Who is interested in a Whipple Stage 1 Group Buy?

interested in whipple stage1?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

palady

Reaction score
So I missed the window for this. I just took delivery of an 18 screw, 2 weeks ago. Any chance there will be another group buy?

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been busy or this would have been posted weeks ago Here’s my experience with the group buy;
Read about the deal in the forum, stepped up and pull the trigger. Received my package in a timely fashion. Had a few questions to Whipple, they responded quickly with the answers! Very satisfied. Now I’m going to have my ford dealer do the install to be safe. I’ll update in about a week. Cheers ��

Last edited:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the intake and tune today, haven't done the intercooler because it won't be simple with my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper. It appears I'll need to remove the entire bumper to replace the intercooler, so keep that in mind if you have an aftermarket bumper.

Even without the intercooler, the tune RIPS in sport mode. Throttle response is excellent, nice mid range torque increase, and top end pulls hard. Trans shifts are nice too.

The only bummer is it seems Normal mode is basically the factory throttle response and trans shift points. Very little difference felt in Normal mode. In fact, the pedal Commander in Normal mode was better.

Turn it on Sport mode and wow... What a difference. Can't wait to get the intercooler on there.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should not have to place truck into sport mode to feel the performance upgrade. It should be apparent in normal I would think. I’ve always not liked sport mode because it seemed it made my truck shift hard or something. I’m currently running a tune and willing to bet sport mode would be to aggressive. But my tune is not mild at all and I can’t tow with my tune like you can with whipples. But soon as I touch throttle it’s gone, no lag at all I notice

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In normal mode mine shifts better and throttle is more Crisp and sport mode turns the truck into a dog waiting for you to throw the ball, it just wants to go and is excited about it. Lol

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In normal mode mine shifts better and throttle is more Crisp and sport mode turns the truck into a dog waiting for you to throw the ball, it just wants to go and is excited about it. Lol

Normal mode doesn't feel like it shifts better to me. In fact, the gears shift too quick and it's always in 9 or 10th gear at low speeds. Was hoping they would have made Normal mode just a little more aggressive.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well shit I just got on it and Truck started running rough as the check engine light came on, pulled the Code and is a P0301. 27.
Google says Missfire.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Did you do anything with the spark plugs for this install?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got the NGK plugs and gapped them at .025 per instructions. Truck is running fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.