Whipple Stage 1 or Roush Stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoscoeP

Reaction score
Really wanting the Whipple Stage 1 kit but the dealer is trying to push me toward Roush stage 1 so they can warranty the work and doesnt mind if I replace the intercooler myself with the whipple. I am trying to stay within the confines of not voiding the 100k mile warranty.

Anyone here have the Roush tune, intake?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the 100k warranty through Ford? If so, the Roush tune is not warranty compliant FYI. If a failure was to occur that can be attributed to the tune, you would only be covered by the Roush warranty for the 3 year/36k that they offer with their products.

OP
OP
RoscoeP

RoscoeP

Reaction score
Is the 100k warranty through Ford? If so, the Roush tune is not warranty compliant FYI. If a failure was to occur that can be attributed to the tune, you would only be covered by the Roush warranty for the 3 year/36k that they offer with their products.
100k through my Ford dealer and they will honor the warranty only if Roush is installed. That being said I pulled trigger on the Roush kit and bought the Whipple intercooler. So....we will see what happens. I wont waste my time on a dyno, its tough transitioning from street cars with pushrod motors and nitrous to this fancy shit in this truck. I didnt elect for the exhaust because I like it 'quieter' as a DD, so if that CAI is loud, I may swap it back out later.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100k through my Ford dealer and they will honor the warranty only if Roush is installed. That being said I pulled trigger on the Roush kit and bought the Whipple intercooler. So....we will see what happens. I wont waste my time on a dyno, its tough transitioning from street cars with pushrod motors and nitrous to this fancy shit in this truck. I didnt elect for the exhaust because I like it 'quieter' as a DD, so if that CAI is loud, I may swap it back out later.

Just be sure to have that in writing. Dealer-backed warranties are often lip service; when something actually fails that will cost them thousands, they tend to do everything to avoid all responsibility.

MUL8NO1

Reaction score
Really wanting the Whipple Stage 1 kit but the dealer is trying to push me toward Roush stage 1 so they can warranty the work and doesnt mind if I replace the intercooler myself with the whipple. I am trying to stay within the confines of not voiding the 100k mile warranty.

Anyone here have the Roush tune, intake?
I’d love to hear about / see your Roush Intake + Tune upgrade results at your earliest convenience. I am 4 days in to 2019 Raptor Roush Baja ownership and this power delivery and trans tuning clearly can benefit from non-OE attention.

GunnyMac

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i sorta figured that but thought what the hell ill give it a shot. but thanks for pointing that out.