GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s definitely something not right here with getting your stock tune!!

I went with the MPT tune and I am happy with it. I was torn between a few different options. MPT sent me my stock tune right away. I'm not sure that I will need it but I do know one thing...it is MY stock tune. I paid for it. I wonder what the real reason is that they don't want to provide the stock tune.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys so hell bent on stock tunes? Don’t tune your truck if you want stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone wants to sell or trade there raptor in they would probably want to put it back to stock, I might want to get the new GT500 when it comes out and will need the stock tune for the raptor. I think a lot of it isn’t that everyone wants their stock tune right now but that Whipple won’t send us the stock tune.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned, I want my stock tune as promised in the selling points of the stage 1 kit article from Whipple . What I do with it is my business.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called whipple for Micheal today ... had leave a message with the girl who answered the phone as he was out doing installs. We will see if they call me back

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its been brought to my attention that a few are upset over the stock calibrations. This is something we've been working on, not sure we deserve to be raked over the coals in the meantime. The Tomahawk tool was first launched on the Ecoboost platform and we've been constantly improving in all areas. Before this, customers were sending PCM's in which eliminates any "upload" option.

Anyone that has had an issue, we've gotten them stock calibrations to help diagnose.

Anyone who just "wants" a stock cal is something we are working on. Ford owns the software on the flash tool and they purposely did not develop a process to upload the calibration. HP Tuners developed their own uploading process, but SCT and others only flash over, they do not upload. SCT downloads all the stock files from the Ford server (all have access too) and therefore they bundle a stock copy with the modified copy on a tool. We've been working on a proper solution and again, have been handling anyone with a technical issue. Were close to a solution that I think all will be satisfied with, but in the meantime, please put the hammers and clubs away.

If anyone is trying to circumvent the warranty, it doesn't matter what file you have in the PCM. This is not the older PCM's, the new PCM have a flash counter (how many times its been flashed) along with mileage accumulation from the last flash. If these don't line up with the Ford database, they have the right to void or reject a warranty claim. This doesn't matter what software or flash tool was used, all works the same.

If someone is trying to update modules and PCM, you can do that with our calibration. Even if you put back to stock, allowed Ford dealer to update PCM, the Tomahawk will still put same cal back in so it does no good to update the PCM. With other tools, they always use the strategy that the PCM currently has, so its more critical to get the latest update.

The calibration we supply is recognized by the Ford server, Ford diagnostic tools and allows for updating all modules on the vehicle except the PCM. This also means a dealer can always flash the PCM back to stock if needed.

In the meantime, stay tight as we release our new customer based website/page that allows for customers to update flash tools and calibrations. Once this is done, you'll have multiple options that again, should satisfy customers desire for a stock based calibration and stay up to date with later releases.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion or issues.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Great information and explanation... Great products too!

From this, we can then show that only one performance mod is undetectable by Ford - the Pedal Commander. I guess that is the only option for those interested in maintaining warranty.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its been brought to my attention that a few are upset over the stock calibrations. This is something we've been working on, not sure we deserve to be raked over the coals in the meantime. The Tomahawk tool was first launched on the Ecoboost platform and we've been constantly improving in all areas. Before this, customers were sending PCM's in which eliminates any "upload" option.

Anyone that has had an issue, we've gotten them stock calibrations to help diagnose.

Anyone who just "wants" a stock cal is something we are working on. Ford owns the software on the flash tool and they purposely did not develop a process to upload the calibration. HP Tuners developed their own uploading process, but SCT and others only flash over, they do not upload. SCT downloads all the stock files from the Ford server (all have access too) and therefore they bundle a stock copy with the modified copy on a tool. We've been working on a proper solution and again, have been handling anyone with a technical issue. Were close to a solution that I think all will be satisfied with, but in the meantime, please put the hammers and clubs away.

If anyone is trying to circumvent the warranty, it doesn't matter what file you have in the PCM. This is not the older PCM's, the new PCM have a flash counter (how many times its been flashed) along with mileage accumulation from the last flash. If these don't line up with the Ford database, they have the right to void or reject a warranty claim. This doesn't matter what software or flash tool was used, all works the same.

If someone is trying to update modules and PCM, you can do that with our calibration. Even if you put back to stock, allowed Ford dealer to update PCM, the Tomahawk will still put same cal back in so it does no good to update the PCM. With other tools, they always use the strategy that the PCM currently has, so its more critical to get the latest update.

The calibration we supply is recognized by the Ford server, Ford diagnostic tools and allows for updating all modules on the vehicle except the PCM. This also means a dealer can always flash the PCM back to stock if needed.

In the meantime, stay tight as we release our new customer based website/page that allows for customers to update flash tools and calibrations. Once this is done, you'll have multiple options that again, should satisfy customers desire for a stock based calibration and stay up to date with later releases.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion or issues.

Thank you for clearing that up.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great information and explanation... Great products too!

From this, we can then show that only one performance mod is undetectable by Ford - the Pedal Commander. I guess that is the only option for those interested in maintaining warranty.

The PC is not considered a "performance" mod as it doesn't improve performance, just the perception to the goof on the pedal... but you wouldn't know anything about the right pedal, right?