GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% synthetic for everything I've ever driven.

Which oil are you running, 100% synthetic or a synthetic blend. Which one is the better?

I did the Motorcraft synthetic blend on my 1st oil change but I just switched over to Royal Purple full synthetic last time after a little research. Its funny because the stuff really is purple. I want to see if the inside of my intercooler or the filter on my Roush intake turns purple.

On a side note, do you guys think that the Whipple intercooler or the AFE intercooler is a better idea. I just ordered the MPT tunes with the NGAGE. This condensation drain with a automatic as well as a manual drain looks like a good idea.

aFe POWER 46-20292-B BladeRunner GT Series Intercooler with Tube for 2017 Ford Raptor 3.5L v6 Ecoboost | MPT Performance

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I considered both as well.

I went with Whipple because it is SUCH a great piece of engineering... down to their time they spent on the flow bench to the overall fit and finish. It absolutely is a direct
Bolt in place without having to snake new tubing. The intercooler itself outflows the stock unit and affords a horsepower increase if used with a CAI.

You know with whipple you’re getting an intercooler good to 600 horsepower without sacrificing factory fit, finish, or quality.

I did the Motorcraft synthetic blend on my 1st oil change but I just switched over to Royal Purple full synthetic last time after a little research. Its funny because the stuff really is purple. I want to see if the inside of my intercooler or the filter on my Roush intake turns purple.

On a side note, do you guys think that the Whipple intercooler or the AFE intercooler is a better idea. I just ordered the MPT tunes with the NGAGE. This condensation drain with a automatic as well as a manual drain looks like a good idea.

aFe POWER 46-20292-B BladeRunner GT Series Intercooler with Tube for 2017 Ford Raptor 3.5L v6 Ecoboost | MPT Performance

vladi

Reaction score
Anyone know if the new stage 1 kits still need to have the ECU shipped to whipple to re-program?

vladi

Reaction score
No - you use their programmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Has anyone taken the truck with this stage 1 tune to the desert? Wondering how the heat and baja mode would do detonation wise. Also anyone go to Mexico and have issues with the gasoline there and this tune?

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Has anyone taken the truck with this stage 1 tune to the desert? Wondering how the heat and baja mode would do detonation wise. Also anyone go to Mexico and have issues with the gasoline there and this tune?

The ECU will protect the truck even with the tune. If it sees knock it will retard the timing to safe levels and you'll be fine.

vladi

Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the knock sensors. The manual I downloaded on their site have some harsh warnings about the fuel that it has to be from tier1 suppliers and made me kind of worried about driving on mexican gas :)

The ECU will protect the truck even with the tune. If it sees knock it will retard the timing to safe levels and you'll be fine.