GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was working with Jeff @ Whipple with a serious bug in the Tomahawk programmer.

If you want to change your tire or axle size to correct the speedo, then you will get the trusty Wrench icon and a 4WD/AWD powertrain fault.

I attempted to change the settings for my 37s and while it did correct the speedo I couldn't get the Wrench light to turn off.

Changing back to stock sizes worked.

Jeff knows about this and they will hopefully provide a fix soon.. just an FYI.

We had an issue with a P0061A and we resolved that so we'll get to the bottom of it. The speed info is now in multiple modules which makes it more complicated, but the Tomahawk can flash any module in the vehicle.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had an issue with a P0061A and we resolved that so we'll get to the bottom of it. The speed info is now in multiple modules which makes it more complicated, but the Tomahawk can flash any module in the vehicle.

Awesome !

This is why I'm glad I went the Whipple route. You guys are great. Thank you

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
amazing change in driveability - the transmission is LIGHTYEARS better in shifting...

the power is really great - comes in STRONG down low and pulls like a freight train - here's the Dyno sheet - it was getting warm after about 8 pulls and the little blower doesn't do a lot to cool down the intake

YmnfhRP.png

Dustin worked on the truck (BTW he's VP of Whipple) how many guys can say a VP of their tuning company wrenched on their truck! He took us on a tour as well of the faciliity - top notch stuff guys! I'm blown away :)

410HP and 449TQ at the wheels
that's about +10 from their dyno in the first post, so it seems the SPD adapters are doing their thing!

:win:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

BIG THANKS for the Dyno Tune today - was great to see the workmanship and the attention to detail - dialing in the shutters and getting safe, stable, repeatable power is great - I was grinning all the way home!

Thanks again!

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazing change in driveability - the transmission is LIGHTYEARS better in shifting...

the power is really great - comes in STRONG down low and pulls like a freight train - here's the Dyno sheet - it was getting warm after about 8 pulls and the little blower doesn't do a lot to cool down the intake

YmnfhRP.png

Dustin worked on the truck (BTW he's VP of Whipple) how many guys can say a VP of their tuning company wrenched on their truck! He took us on a tour as well of the faciliity - top notch stuff guys! I'm blown away :)

that's about +10 from their dyno in the first post, so it seems the SPD adapters are doing their thing!

Awesome thanks for this dyno of WHP gains!

So peak gains aren't very high, but the extra power in the low RPMs is what you really gain - every day useful and you don't need to give it a lot of gas to feel the difference. This tune is the perfect tune for daily driveability and relaibility.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YmnfhRP.png

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

BIG THANKS for the Dyno Tune today - was great to see the workmanship and the attention to detail - dialing in the shutters and getting safe, stable, repeatable power is great - I was grinning all the way home!

Thanks again!

Unreal! Hats off to Whipple. I'm excited to get my tune loaded up!

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So peak gains aren't very high, but the extra power in the low RPMs is what you really gain - every day useful and you don't need to give it a lot of gas to feel the difference. This tune is the perfect tune for daily driveability and relaibility.

Good MPG on the way home!! About 180 miles

1e03403a3d3dd2e66803dff24634a251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Yes the power comes in low - their dynojet is a big-wheel model so the torque shows a little different from the modern small wheel dynojet, so don't be fooled by lower peak numbers - this thing is a beast!!

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good MPG on the way home!! About 180 miles

1e03403a3d3dd2e66803dff24634a251.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Yes the power comes in low - their dynojet is a big-wheel model so the torque shows a little different from the modern small wheel dynojet, so don't be fooled by lower peak numbers - this thing is a beast!!

Oh trust me I know !!! Been loving mine, it's a whole new truck.

Flooring it results in the front end lifting up and staying up until you let off the gas... It's awesome.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome! I cant wait to install my parts and feel the gains myself.
so are the gains about 62whp and 50wtq? shouldnt the torque gains be higher than that based on the info on whipple's website, or am i reading it incorrectly?

Also, how would you roughly convert these dyno numbers (whp/wtq) to bhp/tq?

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is on crummy 91 octane right?

Few
More ponies if you can find real premium.

Strange that the power comes on later in these runs?