GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ace75

Reaction score
whipple charged, since you're on here, would it be possible for you to address the possibility of a 2nd group buy?
Thanks.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whipple....

Come on man.... answer my question.

If I buy your tune.... and request a stock file.... and then I put my truck back to stock with the NGauge and flash your tune and drive it around..... can I flash it back to stock and then use my NGauge to put my other tunes back on???

Or will my stock file be altered and thus my tunes have to be updated?

I’m happy to pay the 800 bucks to play around. There is even a chance I may have to keep it loaded because it’s family friendly. :)

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple....

If I buy your tune.... and request a stock file.... and then I put my truck back to stock with the NGauge and flash your tune and drive it around..... can I flash it back to stock and then use my NGauge to put my other tunes back on???

I’m happy to pay the 800 bucks to play around. There is even a chance I may have to keep it loaded because it’s family friendly. :)

I personally appreciate the money you are spending on products and providing feedback back to the community. :)

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re welcome.

I enjoy it. It’s one of the few hobbies I have.

I don’t even own a boat. I get sea sick.

I personally appreciate the money you are spending on products and providing feedback back to the community. :)

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is even a chance I may have to keep it loaded because it’s family friendly. :)

:biggrin:

This might be a liiiiiiittle misleading. You have stated a couple of times you want the fastest/best (not in so many words), and we already know Whipple isn't pushing the edge.

So maaaaybe a 1% chance:)

Last edited:

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to go back to stock? All the ECM’s keep a record that you can’t hide anymore. So my money’s on the WHIPPLE TUNE, pretty much factory backed , in another words RELIABLE. My money’s on that.

Last edited:

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
whipple charged, since you're on here, would it be possible for you to address the possibility of a 2nd group buy?
Thanks.

Looking into but can't confirm at this time.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Whipple....

If you have our Stage 1 cal and a stock file, you can flip it back and forth 3 times, then you will need new version cal (no charge). So yes, if you put it to stock with your Ngauge, then flash it with our cal, you can then put it back to stock.

In most cases, our cal can overwrite other cals as long as the CAL ID hasn't changed so that's always an option.

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
Here is some feedback. (Never mind, had a nice 0-60 video but I can’t upload a Quicktime file.)

Last edited:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working with Jeff @ Whipple with a serious bug in the Tomahawk programmer.

If you want to change your tire or axle size to correct the speedo, then you will get the trusty Wrench icon and a 4WD/AWD powertrain fault.

I attempted to change the settings for my 37s and while it did correct the speedo I couldn't get the Wrench light to turn off.

Changing back to stock sizes worked.

Jeff knows about this and they will hopefully provide a fix soon.. just an FYI.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working with Jeff @ Whipple with a serious bug in the Tomahawk programmer.

If you want to change your tire or axle size to correct the speedo, then you will get the trusty Wrench icon and a 4WD/AWD powertrain fault.

I attempted to change the settings for my 37s and while it did correct the speedo I couldn't get the Wrench light to turn off.
The same thing happens if you adjust the BCM for the correct tire speedo calculation size in Forscan, wrench icon. So not necessarily a Tomahawk thing. However, if Whipple finds a fix that somehow corresponds to a Forscan code flash, color me impressed. Who am I kidding, I am already impressed that the Whipple tune is tow friendly and changes with octane and Raptor modes!