GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted Whipple about an updated tune and he perceived power is up. In normal mode there was at times too much delay in apply boost and power in an emergency, like trying to shoot a gap. The latest tune makes great boost and power instantly, former shifts in SPORT and I am overall even happier. After exchanging some details I have discovered that the latest tune has a flaw which closes the louvres at max power. Ford is on it and another update is coming soon. That being said Whipple and Ford are obviously working this side by side which lends me to believe this is the best possible tune.

As Ford evaluates the longevity of our drivelines perhaps 2019 will bring us forged pistons and a 600HP Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You see Whipple come on here posting as themselves and putting out great information, both from a technical standpoint and also a customer service standpoint.

Then you see Guy, an alleged schill for MPT, pretending to be an independent tester for various tunes. But ultimately, his motive is the same... And now he uses a Sasquatch alias on here as well.

If anything you are hurting MPT's image because you don't have anyone fooled... "Guy"

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well, that proves Guy and sasquatch78 are the same poster.

Holy Sheep Dip! You, of all FRF users accuse someone else of using multiple user accounts?

Seriously, you need to quit the internet. I warned the admins that your behavior was showing patterns of escalation and that eventually you were going to end up at some FRF user’s door step with zip ties, duct tape and some ropes and it was going to go downhill fast from there.

You’re well on your way. Seriously, get some medical help. Now.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I contacted Whipple about an updated tune and he perceived power is up. In normal mode there was at times too much delay in apply boost and power in an emergency, like trying to shoot a gap. The latest tune makes great boost and power instantly, former shifts in SPORT and I am overall even happier. After exchanging some details I have discovered that the latest tune has a flaw which closes the louvres at max power. Ford is on it and another update is coming soon. That being said Whipple and Ford are obviously working this side by side which lends me to believe this is the best possible tune.

As Ford evaluates the longevity of our drivelines perhaps 2019 will bring us forged pistons and a 600HP Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep! louvers are fixed now - tested on my truck on the dyno :)

update should be any day now

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re not helpful.

I have one user name. Admins are welcome to check. My IP is fixed as well.

I am far too educated and far too composed to
Post under a ridiculous alias. Anything I’ve had to say, I’m happy to post under this name.... why? Because I have at no time been offensive or demeaning to anyone.

MGD is an alias of Sasquatch77. It’s not a secret. Perhaps you know the guy and are friends with him. If so, tell him to haunt a Chevy forum.

I’m not a pawn for anyone. I have the time and opportunity to load multiple tunes and I enjoy comparing the differences.

Whipple makes a fine tune, I’m sure, but it doesn’t make the rest “bad” as you imply.

You see Whipple come on here posting as themselves and putting out great information, both from a technical standpoint and also a customer service standpoint.

Then you see Guy, an alleged schill for MPT, pretending to be an independent tester for various tunes. But ultimately, his motive is the same... And now he uses a Sasquatch alias on here as well.

If anything you are hurting MPT's image because you don't have anyone fooled... "Guy"

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i currently have the whipple stage 1 installed, i'm reading about an updated tune? do we need to contact whipple ourselves for the updated tune?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to keep this thread in the useful information direction but it will probably turn into a shit show.

As for my truck I drove it around yesterday and something is definitely not right and I am waiting for a updated file and asked for a stock file. I was driving about 30mph yesterday and Punched it and the truck made noise but wasn’t moving anywhere vary quick, I know the tires were not spinning so I am wondering if my torque converter is messed up. The truck is definitely down on power and even the GF said it felt way slower then the first tune, also I noticed sometimes under partial acceleration a metallic clicking noise from under the truck not sure what it is.