GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice to keep this thread in the useful information direction but it will probably turn into a shit show.

As for my truck I drove it around yesterday and something is definitely not right and I am waiting for a updated file and asked for a stock file. I was driving about 30mph yesterday and Punched it and the truck made noise but wasn’t moving anywhere vary quick, I know the tires were not spinning so I am wondering if my torque converter is messed up. The truck is definitely down on power and even the GF said it felt way slower then the first tune, also I noticed sometimes under partial acceleration a metallic clicking noise from under the truck not sure what it is.

once you get the new tune it will be good, you may get 'some' clicking as the ecoboosts do run up to the ping level and back off - it shouldn't be continuous though...

recently put gas in the truck? i've had bad tanks in the past...

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

FYI - i've kept my Pedal Commander on even with the tune... I got SO used to instant throttle that it just didn't feel as snappy with tune alone...

still TBD but testing different modes/cycles...

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to keep this thread in the useful information direction but it will probably turn into a shit show.

As for my truck I drove it around yesterday and something is definitely not right and I am waiting for a updated file and asked for a stock file. I was driving about 30mph yesterday and Punched it and the truck made noise but wasn’t moving anywhere vary quick, I know the tires were not spinning so I am wondering if my torque converter is messed up. The truck is definitely down on power and even the GF said it felt way slower then the first tune, also I noticed sometimes under partial acceleration a metallic clicking noise from under the truck not sure what it is.

I get that noise too..

But from all the misfire issues you've had there's something not right.

I seriously think you have a bad coil pack, or packs.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I put the SP542’s in the truck is smooth as glass and I could tell it was better just from the sound when I first started it up with the new plugs. I did have the two wrench lights something was wrong with the AWD/4WD system but once I cleared it I haven’t gotten it again. I hope the new tune brings the HP back because the way it feels now is 275hp. Lol

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried pulling your negative battery terminal for 10mins or so and letting the computer relearn?

Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I haven’t tried that but I will when I get home. I have a 07 Mazda 3 for a daily driver so Raptor is a play toy, and I don’t mean to brag but the Mazda has 2.3 liters of raw can crushing HP. 0-60 in like 8sec. :)

Toadster i have the same tank of gas as other tune and am down to half tank of shell 93, lucky the shell station is at the entrance to my neighborhood.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love whenever customer support and or the dealership tells you this move.

It never works.

Have you tried pulling your negative battery terminal for 10mins or so and letting the computer relearn?

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

FYI, you can put the old tune back in and compare. You just drop the BIN file on the SD card (only 1 BIN on SD card at a time) and flash it. The power difference is roughly 25RWHP so its noticeable, but not night and day.

New tune will be monday, but that will not fix your issue. There could be a actual issue, or the TCM itself may need to be updated depending on the release/file your TCM has.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you may want to do...

Throw the stock file back on and get it over to the dealership to find out what’s going on. Make sure it’s not a mechanical problem.

If it checks out ok and everything is good... throw your tune back on. If it still feels slow...

I’m sure whipple can fix it

No I haven’t tried that but I will when I get home. I have a 07 Mazda 3 for a daily driver so Raptor is a play toy, and I don’t mean to brag but the Mazda has 2.3 liters of raw can crushing HP. 0-60 in like 8sec. :)

Toadster i have the same tank of gas as other tune and am down to half tank of shell 93, lucky the shell station is at the entrance to my neighborhood.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a boost leak? Checked the clamps? There are ton of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No boost leak, it ran like a champ with the old tune then did new tune and plugs and it’s a dog.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

FYI, you can put the old tune back in and compare. You just drop the BIN file on the SD card (only 1 BIN on SD card at a time) and flash it. The power difference is roughly 25RWHP so its noticeable, but not night and day.

New tune will be monday, but that will not fix your issue. There could be a actual issue, or the TCM itself may need to be updated depending on the release/file your TCM has.

I tired that but the tuner said file not recognized and that’s when I got with Jeff and he said new tune will be out next week and that’s the same time he can get me the stock tune. I told him get me both. Are you saying the new updated tune from last week is 25hp less?

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

What you may want to do...

Throw the stock file back on and get it over to the dealership to find out what’s going on. Make sure it’s not a mechanical problem.

If it checks out ok and everything is good... throw your tune back on. If it still feels slow...

I’m sure whipple can fix it

That’s kinda what I am thinking.

Last edited: