Whipple issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your a good guy for giving them a break.
I guess a little smoozing go's a long way.

To say he spent an hour or more on the same bolt just does not get it, you spent an other
hour on it and still not sure. WTF, even if I were to use this guy I would want to know
about this so I could bring it to his attention during the install.

Sure he learned on your dime, I am not here for schooling this guy. He should know
already. Did he charge you?????? I think he did, again on your dime.

I am please you fixed your own problem, He should be paying you for the schooling
you provided him.

As you said problem solved.
Are you going to have him set up the intercoolers etc?
Just for grines think about the Chiller Killer system. I know it works like a charm if
done right.

Good luck with your project.
Rusty

Stig1

Reaction score
Your a good guy for giving them a break.
I guess a little smoozing go's a long way.

To say he spent an hour or more on the same bolt just does not get it, you spent an other
hour on it and still not sure. WTF, even if I were to use this guy I would want to know
about this so I could bring it to his attention during the install.

Sure he learned on your dime, I am not here for schooling this guy. He should know
already. Did he charge you?????? I think he did, again on your dime.

I am please you fixed your own problem, He should be paying you for the schooling
you provided him.

As you said problem solved.
Are you going to have him set up the intercoolers etc?
Just for grines think about the Chiller Killer system. I know it works like a charm if
done right.

Good luck with your project.
Rusty

Dang, thats rough! Nobody is perfect.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The killer chiller has nothing to do with the tunes. It hooks into your aircon system and keeps the intercooler coolant around the same temp or just a little bit more than the air coming out the the vents. There is many lightning guys that use the system. I have one in my garage. I was going to use it on my 2002 f150 fx4 with a lightning supercharger swap before I wrecked it. I have been told by the lightning guys that the killer chiller is the best, most bang for your buck mod to keep the charge temps down. There is some YouTube vids of guys running them with before and after vids. The iat temps went from really high...down to about 74* in the summer in Florida. Sorry for the rant. If you want low charge temps then go with the killer chiller!!! One of the best mods ever for supercharged trucks and cars!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not going argue with you on what tight parameters The PCM monitors in the Raptor.
So if anyone wants to try it I recommend calling Whipple first that's all!

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not going argue with you on what tight parameters The PCM monitors in the Raptor.
So if anyone wants to try it I recommend calling Whipple first that's all!

I agree with you on asking whipple first. I wasn't trying to start an argument. Sorry if it sounded like I was. I was just trying to explain it as best I could. As far as installing the KC I read over the directions again, they didn't say anything about having to get retuned. Again sorry if I sounded like an *******. No harm intended. I also agree with you that the PCM on the raptors monitors every little thing. So as far as the raptor goes I could be very wrong. You might have to retune after the KC install. It will be interesting to see what whipple says. I plan on using the KC when I buy my raptor and whipple kit. I will be sure to let everyone know the results if I'm the first person to do it. I doubt I will be though because it will be awhile before I purchase either of them lol. My military pay can only get stretched so far haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was not trying to discredit you either, I did not mean to sound like that as well.
You are right when it comes to the basic Raptor tune the parameters are far greater.

The Ford Racing Tune is way more stringent.
Ford Racing wants you to enjoy you're truck for many years.

So playing with any of the parameters set forth by Ford Racing as to any mods will automatically void your warranty.

So I was just trying stress that.

I also want to point out they are getting feedback, so who knows what will come in the future.

I'm good I hope your good too. :peace:

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both rusty and formuladriver01,
I want to thank you guys for bringing up the Killer Chiller!
After driving around it the heat waves up here and sitting in NYC traffic,
I am now considering some kind of cooling system for my heat exchanger.
Be it Killer Chiller or a fan setup.

Whipple has heard of Killer Chiller but never used it.
And I did call Killer Chiller and as of right now there isn't a setup for the Raptor.
But they can make one up.

Last edited: