Where do you put your extra fuel? Water? Recovery gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I messed around in my bed for what seems like the 100th time today, trying a bunch of different setups, and I'm still no closer to liking my solution. I keep coming back to this:

b1.jpg

On the driver's side there is my tool/recovery/emergency bin stuffs, in the middle is 10gals of E85 and on the right is 10gals of potable water. I consider this a minimum compliment for the type of off roading I do in the Raptor. And then in goes all the camping gear, food, clothes etc etc etc... you can ignore the bed extender since it either comes out or tucks away normally.

I really kinda sorta hate how much room in the bed my recovery gear/fuel/water takes up. But I don't know what else to do. I need as much bed space as I can get, as close to the tailgate as I can get. I cant add a roof rack up top or a big ole bumper in the rear 'cause I wont fit in my garage anymore (a requirement). So anything I do needs to go in the bed...

What do ya do? I know this is a tried and true subject, but its been a while and someone's gotta found a better way by now! Come on people, inspire me... :Insane:

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a great deal on Craigslist... $300 as seen below:

a66c6a91.jpg

Holds 2 spares, Hi-Lift, Power Tank, gas, water, and water proof storage box.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a steal.

That being said, my buddy had a custom bed rack built for his Silverado just the way he wanted it fully customized for $500... So maybe that route is worth looking into as well.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a great deal on Craigslist... $300 as seen below:

a66c6a91.jpg

Holds 2 spares, Hi-Lift, Power Tank, gas, water, and water proof storage box.

Wow, that looks perfect. I'm trying to get some ideas for the Texas Raptor Run but have no where to store fuel or hi-lift.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very very cool.

Although I think this idea is a bit more than I need. I run with a bed cover so being able to lock stuff down isn't a requirement. And the ratcheting tie down I'm using does a fantastic job of keeping everything secure and yet still accessible.

Keep the ideas coming though. Your pics got me thinking that maybe a modified lumber rack might work... something that works with my cover but sits above it about a foot. That would give me space up there, but not get me too high to not fit in the garage (and/or I just remove it when not in use)...

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^No kiddin. I really do like that idea; hi lift mount, CO2 mount, spare, fuel, water, tools... hmmm....