Wheel/tire warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZookieRap

Reaction score
Looking at a Raptor with the beadlock wheels and dealer wants to bundle a wheel/tire warranty covering anything including sidewall punctures and loss of pressure type wheel issues (not scratches).

Almost instinctively I would say no way to something like this. However, first truck, first Raptor, don't really know what I'm doing or talking about but my assumption is that both these wheels and tires stand up to more than most other vehicles and don't need something like this.

What say you?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This sounds like a dealer add on “warranty” like road hazard protection. The wheels are not weak, and the tires are decent too. You can off road with them pretty hard without having a problem.

I say pass.

Spend that money on mods.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It probably wouldn’t cover off-road incidents anyway. It’s not like a Raptor was made to leave the pavement anyway.

OP
OP
ZookieRap

ZookieRap

Reaction score
You guys are giving much more kind answers than I expected. :)

Thanks, will pass.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only extra tire hazard warranty I ever spring for is the free hazard warranty bundled into all tires I buy from Tirerack...

Sooner89

Reaction score
Speacking from experiance. I got sucked into to paying this on my new 2014 Raptor. I'm now at 215,000 miles and never claimed anything on the warrenty. Waste of money.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speacking from experiance. I got sucked into to paying this on my new 2014 Raptor. I'm now at 215,000 miles and never claimed anything on the warrenty. Waste of money.
You could say the same thing about full coverage auto insurance, but I still have it.
As for wheel/ tire warranty, no.
I do have Ford ESP.