What's this lovely sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck started making this sound on acceleration from a stop.

OP
OP
R

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess this isn't a common problem. It sounds horrible. I report back what the dealer says for further reference.

edouglas30

Reaction score
I can’t remember the part but it is under 50.00. My 2017 did the same thing. I thought a turbo went bad.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IWE vacuum line check valve probaby went bad. Mine just did last week as well @ 23k... sounds about the same. Should be a $10 part at dealer. Try to get the updated one that has blue on the check valve instead of white and black
Part number
FL3Z-3A788-A

If it’s not that probably something else in the IWE system

SRK

Reaction score
My truck started making this sound on acceleration from a stop.

My 2018 has been making this sound since I got it. It happens during acceleration (sometimes) and randomly when driving. My local dealer kept it for 2 weeks recently trying to diagnose the issue. I'll be interested to see what you find out.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my IWE vacuum line check valve at around 5k miles. It started making the same noise at low speed acceleration intermittently. The dealer couldn't reproduce the sound so I picked up the $10 part and changed it myself. No more can crushing sound.

bcampo

Reaction score
definitely sounds like IWE check valve. just replaced mine. short term fix is to switch into 4A when you hear it.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing, and dealer replaced IWE hose and actuator. Get it replaced soon or you may grind your hubs to crap...