What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme ask
Ya a question...was the last vehicle you drove equipped w/ 3” dual reservoir fox shocks, reinforced frame/shock mounts, a trick AWD transfer case, skid plates up the ass, 35” AT tires, a 500hp ttV6 engine fender flares & vents & marketed as a vehicle capable of leaping in the air & creating rooster tails in the sand? No? Well then that probably explains why you haven’t seen that setup on a spare hanging off the ass end of a truck before

Look @ it real hard again & try & come up w/ the reason

That’s effin’ funny. :anitoof:

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just how most roll around here. Don’t take it personally.

Indeed. I read it as “You just purchased a highly capable machine. Welcome to the group.” I dunno about you all, but I rarely trust individuals that are always agreeable. My true friends are complete ********. Gotta love unfiltered truth. It’s meant to help.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, I’ve never seen that plastic shroud over the spring on the spare tire hoist. At least mine doesn’t have it.

I remember way back the tensioning spring rusted out so bad on my GMC that the spare fell off. Lucky I was on a side street. Since then, I’ve always lubed/greased/rustproofed the hoist.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember way back the tensioning spring rusted out so bad on my GMC that the spare fell off. Lucky I was on a side street. Since then, I’ve always lubed/greased/rustproofed the hoist.

My second Toyota came with a lock on the spare. By the time I got a flat it had rusted solid. Had to cut it off to get to the spare. Now I throw away spare locks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc