WAX your GLASS? What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an event that most if not all the guys from Louisiana are going to meet up at, so that means putting’ the smack down detail job on the Rap! Well that started today as soon as my oldest blessed us with an 8 pound baby boy at around 4 O’clock, Yes I’m a Grand Paw, and I got home. Anyway my glass looks like it’s been sitting under a cooling tower at one of the refineries around here. Talked to a friend that owns a glass shop aboult the easiest way to clean them... bad news there ain't a easy way. What he did tell me was to use this 20 bucks a 8oz bottle stuff that he sold! Of Course! told him I didn't have time to drive over there. So then he said a fine grit polish will work just as well, just keep it wet. Then he told me something I never would have guessed that some of you may have already knew. Wax Your Glass! He said that it will stop deposits from building up and fill pores in the glass keeping the deposits from forming. You may be able to see in this picture how bad they have gotten in just a short time. If you can't see them, take my word, they're pretty bad. We get more than our share of rain, which isn't the problem, but the crap from the road during the rain that lands and camps out till it dries, thats when the deposits start.

SVT2.jpg

So I started this afternoon hitting two birds with one stone and used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and used it just as if I was cleaning the paint and sure enough, no scratches or swirls and the water spots are gone I didn't get to finish because the police had my son hemmed up down the road for pulling a Steve the Lawnmower Man except without the Beer but riding his Fourwheeler where he's not supposed to. I'll finish up tomorrow and finish this post with the results. But so far what I was able to get, looks better than when I got the Rap! More to come....

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats grandpa!
Ah yes, waxing your glass, that's an old veitnam trick!:mrgreen:
BTW, have you seen the weather forecast for Saturday?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to wax my glass and headlights when they were glass. It works well. Not sure how it compares to RainX.

Congrats on being a Grandpa.

Nice job on the decal. Sorry we didn't get you one in time for your get together. They'll be real nice when they're done!

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam's machine superwax, which is a sealant works great on glass, or of course their glass sealant is pretty bomb too. I've used both quite a bit and they work good. As for cleaning glass a good polish by hand (or even better by machine) will make your glass sparkle and repel water.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been waxing the glass for awhile.Its conveinent to do while waxing the rest of the truck plus I use a clay bar on the w/s too.

BTW - Where can I get one of those decals ????

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's okay OUTCAST, my daughter made me a grand paw at 40! Wouldn't trade the little guy for ANYTHING!! Congratulations!

FSM