Water leak front passenger side floor???? No Sunroof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is also a 2018. Yes there is water in the bottom of the door sills front to back.
I did find that the rubber hose boot that goes from the door to the car on the car side wasn’t seated very well. I got that all put back together tight don’t know if it could’ve been leaking from there

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it rained hard last night and the truck is full of water again. I pulled the right side of the passenger side kick panel. I don't see water coming down, but there is lots of water on the right side of the carpet. My sill plates are full of water.....Lots. I am starting to wonder if it is running from the gutter sill plate area and running to the front.. I haven't run the AC in the last few days.
Mine was a torn seal on the flapper vent between the bed and the cab. Its a bitch to see down in there.
Leaked from the front to the back on the passenger side.
Pop up your sill plates, mine were full of water.

mine is an 18
Were you able to see the water coming through the vent? I am going to pull the rear padding from behind the rear seats. I have a sub back there too. You are referring to the two lower vents behind the rear seats

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it rained hard last night and the truck is full of water again. I pulled the right side of the passenger side kick panel. I don't see water coming down, but there is lots of water on the right side of the carpet. My sill plates are full of water.....Lots. I am starting to wonder if it is running from the gutter sill plate area and running to the front.. I haven't run the AC in the last few days.

Were you able to see the water coming through the vent? I am going to pull the rear padding from behind the rear seats. I have a sub back there too. You are referring to the two lower vents behind the rear seats

Yea, mine was torn on the seal at the top where it seals to the cab. Wasnt coming through the louvre, but was leaking around it. Had to fold the seat forward, remove the C pilar and pull the back padding forward. Before doing all that, if you lean the seat forward, remove the jack and stick ur hand under the carpet.. you will know. Mine was quite wet.

Bitch of it is, if thats your problem, the vents cant/wont fit out between the bed and cab. Bed has to be slid back. Mine was factory lined, over the bolts. Dealer opted to silicone my louvre from inside. They say it will be covered in future.. And claim it will never leak again.
But with my freshly painted fenders/bumpers I was afraid of them pulling the bed off.

hopefully yours is something easier.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my previous post with pics of my issue. Haven’t heard of any others with it.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/interior-leak.65739/

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You might need to take apart some of the interior panels and have someone run a hose over the truck while you sit inside and find out where its coming from. I'd be happy to come over and help you out!

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggwrm you got it. I pulled my sub and the rear padding and sure enough it was leaking from the passenger side rear vent. In my case it was not torn rather the plastic clips on the top were not fastened causing the whole assembly to be pushed out a quarter of an inch allowing water to get inside. I pulled the vent back into place and got the clips to fasten I also added some material under each clip to increase their attention so the vent never pops out again. After I poured a gallon or so of water between the bed in the cab over the vent. So far no water comes in. I think I’ve resolved the problem. I wet dry Vacuumed everything I could and padded everything else as best as I could. I have a small heater in there overnight to see if I can dry it out some more.
Thanks for all the help. Hopefully this is the last of my problems.

43E45DA1-B99B-4147-9949-EC08D02B3A00.jpeg

C651DC85-1F40-4B06-9F53-4B6913A95C18.jpeg