Interior Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fairly long.. sorry

So I had the unfortunate luck of my passenger carpet front to back being soaked.. including the sill troughs full of standing water.

I thought id share what i found.

First checked sunroof drains, all good.

Checked rear cab vents between bed, bingo..

Passenger side top right corner of gasket, torn! Water was leaking right down back of cab onto top of this cheap snap in assembly. Running right into the cab. And since truck is parked slightly down hill, it ran the length of the carpet. Compounding the problem, i have a Backflip bed cover. So the water that lands on it during the ran was also running to the back of the cab.

Interior was soaked. Condensation built up on sunroof , windshield and A pillars. To the point of water dripping from the screw covers on the A-pillar handles.

Trying to dry it all out, tho rains in CA continue. Cabin full of dehydration packs. Now I have to figure out the fix.

Afraid of the dealer due to having to possibly replace the interior carpet and pad. New squeeks or damage from the techs.

Must slide the bed back to work the vent out, too thick to slide between bed and cab. Factory bed coating over the bolts makes it that much more fun.

Just thought I would share my find. I know i have to get to dealer and get documented, unfortunately have never had good luck. No one is as careful with someone else’s vehicle.

Sorry for the long post, curious if anyone else had the same problem.

Thanks

ED56C31F-ADA9-4E62-9A63-EE2A28626F63.jpeg

DA5D1205-4EE4-4A23-BE56-AD9AC80BDC50.jpeg

B6157381-C5F6-493E-861F-625EE172FA68.jpeg

EABC26DA-F21F-4C64-BF5E-26314E779722.jpeg

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These allow for the pressurized air to escape when you close the door(s) when all the windows are up to include the moonroof (if equipped).

JML

Reaction score
U can also use some bags of silica crystal cat litter to get it dry.
That litter is hygroscopic and captures the humidity inside.
After one or two days you simply get a vaccuum cleaner to get it out.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Went to dealer, verified was a torn gasket around the flap vent.

They opted to seal the vent from the inside with adhesive and sealant. To replace the vent they would of had to remove the bed, being the bed is sprayed I wasn’t keen to taking my 4k mile truck apart.

They have assured me that it was a Ford backed warranty repair. In case any future issues.
Luckily, I saved my interior with many many silica bags and a wet vac. No mildew.. yet.

Fun times.